Ghost in The shell 2: Innocence

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shortfuse, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i have almost no idea what it, but its a movie.. there was a first one? what is it about? it comes out tommorow and i have a free sunday

2. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Holy moley coley doley froley jaconey!!! Ghost..... 2!

Let me put it for you like this, the first one was one of the most amazing animes ever. Brilliant action and an intelligent plot, akin to the Matrix's plot (it came out before The Matrix) without any of the confusing for the sake of confusing stuff in the sequels.

In short, check both out!

3. Kosh

Kosh New Member

Yeah, ghost in the shell is excellent. I think its one of the best films youll see, let alone best anime.

There are also GOTS episodes, im told they are good.

I dont really see how its at all like the matrix, apart from the mellons getting shot in one of the chase scenes.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It probably won't even come out in UK cinemas :cry: but I'm a huge fan of Ghost in the Shell so I can't wait for the DVD. The "Stand Alone Complex" series was very good too, I've got the whole first season (subtitled, unfortunately).
    Shortfuse, I recommend you go and rent the first film now, watch it, then go see the sequel on Sunday, you won't be disappointed

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

unfortunately subtitled? :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I'm avoiding Ghost Shell 2 cos I havent read the comic yet, Masamune Shirow is a great illustrator and story teller.

6. Twimyo Jirugi

The first GitS anime wasn't actually based on a manga storyline and neither is the sequel. Masamune Shirow gave Mamoru Oshii full creative control, and boy, did it pay off.

Masamune released a manga version of the film later on.

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Unfortunately subtitled as in the subtitles are badly done, sometimes to the point of nonsense. Still, that's what you get for getting a whole boxset for about £13 including postage

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

whats the story?

9. Twimyo Jirugi

10. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Personally, I didn't like the original. The ending was one that made no sense, and got the viewers confused instead of making them think it was such a wonderful movie. The story jumped around too much, and while the animation was wonderful, ground-breaking for the style, it takes more than that to make a good movie, ESPECIALLY an anime movie. I think comparing this to the Matrix is a good comparison: Both were snazzy special effects with fractured story lines.