Getting Up Early

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Verx, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I never really did it, even getting up at 7 or 8 to workout in summer holidays was too difficult :D

Seriously though, I simply do not feel like I am fit to train at that time of the morning so I don't do it. My workouts are far more productive later in the day.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Last bank holiday me and cosmic figured we'd get a morning session in to free up the rest of the day, we were lifting at 11AM instead of the usual 7PM and pretty much every lift was down for both of us. Pretty interesting since our last RM day was in the morning, a later session might provide better results.

3. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Yep. I find the same thing. I've never been a morning person and I consistently find that my productivity is better in the afternoon. I'm stronger, faster and so much more energetic.

Or rather, less weak, less slow and not so sluggish. ;)

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmm, the only REAL difference I've seen in doing something early in the morning and later in the afternoon is playing Guitar Hero II. I was playing it this morning around 4 A.M. and I was sucking **** on it man! I come back during lunch break and do a quick tabata session and went and played again and was killing it! Fine Motor skills get a + 10 in the afternoon :p

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Why? That's the most sensible two answers right there. If you want or need to get up early, and you don't want to be at a constant sleep deficit, you go to bed earlier and set an alarm. Common sense really.

Stuart

6. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

*Slap* :woo: :p

7. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

Why do you want to do squats?

To get a girl?

Lose the flab?

What?

Think about it and if you really want to achieve that target, you'll muster up the motivation to get out of bed.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

So that's how you get them!

Attached Files:

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Force yourself to do it for a few days and your body will start to do it naturally.

10. HBKirishwarrior

HBKirishwarrior Valued Member

i can't get up early to do any workout. i find that jogging during lunchtime or in evening since i got all energy. as waking up to do that, man i would stay in bed.

11. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I only start to feel like I can workout around noon. I'm not nearly as strong in the mornings it seems.

12. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

I work at 6:30am every morning, and it sure isnt easy getting up, and thats for something I have to do. I do most my working out later on in the day, i cant seem to do it in the morning, even on days i dont work.