Getting back into shape

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Shantari, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

After taking a VERY long break off boxing, weight training and cardio, i've finally decided to get back into shape, and simply going to the gym isn't enough for me. So i was wondering if i should i continue to train on my own for a bit before joining Fairtex ( in sf )? Or should i just show up in my current form ( badly out of shape ). I know it won't be easy at first, but i also don't want to look like an idiot for the first couple of weeks. What do you guys think?

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Its good to look like an idiot from time to time. :D

I say go as you are and have fun.

3. shift

shift Valued Member

just go.

4. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

I know that Anthony Lin is gonna disapprove my reccommendation, but here it is. If saving a few bucks is valuable to you, don't join Fairtex yet. Start running to get your cardio in shape. Also do stretchings and situps. Once you can run or do fast pace jog for five miles, then join.
    I don't think looking like an idiot should be a concern, but being unable to complete training due to exhaustation can be exasperating.
    Now if you're to come and train at Fairtex Bangplee (Thailand), then I'd say don't worry about your physical condition. The boys here will whip you into shape quickly.

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I hope they don't whip you up too fast!

If you are not worried about money then go and have fun! I bet you won't be the only overweight, unfit person there. ;)

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I'd just go.