Getting back into shape for Ju jitsu or Aikido after 13 years

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Crucible, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Hi,
    I have a buddy who wants me to either design an exercise program or piont him in the direction of resources(books, websites) that he could use to get him into back into shape to practice jujitsu or aikido. He's 48, the last time he practiced anything was when he was 35. He'd like ideally to begin practicing martial arts again the 1st of january and he's willing to spend around twenty minutes a day exercising. He's not interested in competition, simply having his body ready for the activities of his chosen art and be less likely to recieve injuries. My background is completely in Filipino martial arts so I thought it be better to get the feedback of people actually practicing the arts he's interested in. Any suggestions?

2. Kentsui

Kentsui Valued Member

Hi Crucible,

You may want to take a look over at SteveMaxwell.com he has some training programs that are very good, he's also a BBJ World champion. Rossboxing.com has some good stuff too. You may also want to look up or google Scrappers site. I thinks it's body by fish or something. He has good programs as well
    HTH Good Luck!

Kent

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hmmmmmm!

I think the first place for him to visit is the Doctor's for a checkup.

I know that you say he's done MA before, but it is 13 years ago and he seems to be at an age where one needs to be careful when taking up exercise.

What exercise has he done in the past 13 years?

We also don't know anything about his health etc.

Any comments on those fronts?

Cheers. :)