getting back in shape

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by zombiekicker, Aug 4, 2013.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I'll be starting my fitness regime again this week, i train at home, i use a rebounder with weight in hand then kettlebell swings and do a weights split (dumbells only) not looking for more size, i have a tendency to drink too much for a few weeks train like mad lose my gut then repeat, this time im gonna try a better balance, so will be posting what im up to starting tuesday, hope its not too boring :eek:

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

also about to start training bujinkan and bjj

3. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Good luck! Just so you know guys are encouraged in the Bujinkan.

Be careful starting 2 in tandem and getting into a 'he said she said' position before you know what's going on.

4. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

i dont know if you seen my thread, about 18 months ninjutsu with independent, got told to run away sharpish lol. i feel a mix of styles will suit me best i want some rough and tumble :cool::cool:

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I do both. My point was that I added on one after the other, and whilst I was comfortable with the first. It's not uncommon to see Bujinkan folk talking disparagingly of BJJ which might push your buttons if you are training in it since it will kick your butt. Just saying to try to keep a level head and block out those idiots on both sides who say bad a bout the other (frankly I've never heard a bad thing said about Bujinkan in BJJ, but the reason I suspect for that is that BJJ folk are more comfortable in their own skin).

Good luck- they do work well together if you find a good teacher and can get over they 'my art is more deadly than your dad' kinda thing.

6. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

cheers ive made a pact with myself to ignore martial arts no beds and just train hard and often

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

a slight delay as my daughter decied to trap her finger in the front door so A and E it was threw my day off, so hopefully will start posting some stuff end of week

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

won't bore me personally. whatever you do to get moving is going to be a positive, regardless of how small or "boring" it is. best of luck!

9. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

thanks now starting monday as wine stopped play, due to missus going to france and briniging back 3 cases :eek:

10. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Finally restarted regime monday, 1 hr rebounding, arm day so 3 sets of assisted negative curls 6 reps, followed by 3 sets of 15 low weight curls, then 3 sets of hammer curls 8 reps, behind head tricep double grip extension 3 sets of 8 reps, 3 sets of one arm overhead extensions 12 reps , then lying dumbell extensions 3 sets of 12 reps. 100 kettlebell swings, (only 16kg) breakfast a banana and pint of skimmed milk, lunch cottage cheese with omega 3 seed mix and hot sauce, dinner sweet potatos and 7 chicken wings

11. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

tuesday, 1hr rebounding, 100 kettlebell swings

12. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

so a month late stopping boozing, no drink for a week, today 1 hr fast jog on rebounder with 1.5kg weights in hands (gravity makes em heavier apparently). then a shoulder routine im trying whereine you use light weights and do isolation exercises first then presses in super sets, jesus those light dumbells feel heavy when you get to the press, then 16kg one arm bent over row with kettlebell (this is all i got to work with at moment) 4 sets 8 . 1,5 hours non stop, then hoovered the stairs

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Good stuff - what's this "rebounding" you speak of?

Also, have you started BJJ or are you looking to?

14. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

its the mini trampoline (no laughter please) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0th5xUMSz0"]Benefits of Rebounding - Interview with Dr. Hans Gruenn - YouTube[/ame] gonna start bjj and jkd next week