get your JKD certification NOW!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by DaeHanL, Oct 20, 2008.

1. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Oh my God... LOL.

I love this part.

WE DO NOT CERTIFY PEOPLE CONVICTED OF VIOLENT OR SEXUAL CRIMES DUE TO THE DEADLY NATURE OF OUR TRAINING.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

But it was endorsed by Special Agent Joseph F. Bannon!!

4. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

I love the fact that they state "nowhere on the certificate does it say you were certified via DVD" that way no one knows you're a phony! love it.

Did you guys see the vid? i love when he delivers the 'powerfullest kick known to man!'

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  5. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

I'll have to check it out after class tonight. Always up for a good laugh.

6. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

ZOMG. I have now been shown the powerfullest kick known to man! I feel blessed. I'm gonna show my instructor tonight!

7. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

check out the rest of his gems. he goes on almost as many incoherent rants as Palin does... lol

8. greenhornet

greenhornet Valued Member

pretty funny

i find that great the idea of using differant media and modern methods to learn martial arts but...

how can you get an instructor certificate before starting to study and whitout being checked on :confused:

its like if you start elemantary school and at youre first day they gave you a university degree :p

:ban:

9. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

what worse is that this kind of certification is a reminder that there are so many phonies out there. Beware kids, and ask your teachers for their credentials!

10. pmadojo

pmadojo Valued Member

I couldnt agree more. I have been instructing for 8 years. I am a member of the BNMAA and they expect all instructors to have, Child Protection, Health and safety, First aid, NVQ level sports coaching and an instructors certificate. At least with all the other bits you have to really put the work in so jokers cant get away with just buying the last part.

Only bad thing is that having done all the work no one (to date) has ever asked to see proof of any of it. I recon you could just sticke a blackbelt on and open a club and most people would be none the wiser.

Terrible really
    Ste

11. Stevie Bhoy

Stevie Bhoy Valued Member

One word - shocking !!!

Makes you wonder how many gullible people have actually subscribed.

12. february

february Valued Member

In reality, it's not the people who are buying the certs who are gullible or getting ripped off. It's the people they then go on to teach for money.

As pmadojo says, the minimum you should check for from an instructor is a traceable and accredited certification, as well as first aid and health and safety training.

As for Guro/Sifu Lopez, the more of his Youtube vids I see, the more he seems like a certified loon.

13. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

amen. I seriously get a stomach ache when watching his videos. It also makes me appreciate my academy that much more!

14. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

Take a look at his other videos, altogether he has over one hundred POSITIVE posts....bleh

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Mr Lopez is one of Paul Vunaks certified instructors i belive,Vunak Came from Mr Inosanto who was right hand man to Mr Lee i belive,isnt that a legitimate JKD lineage?:)

16. Stevie Bhoy

Stevie Bhoy Valued Member

I agree with what you are saying, the root cause is people like him who are basically doing it out of peoples naiviety. You just need to look at his website to realise it's bull what he is passing off as deadly techniques, etc. If people are stupid enough to buy his services and teach what they think is the way through people like him, they obviously havent done their research. That seems to be a problem in martial arts in general.

17. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

if Paul Vunak certified this guy, shame on him.

18. pmadojo

pmadojo Valued Member

Even if Vunak did certify him it doesnt give him the right to sell his lineage like this. If you check out boom boom jkd on youtube he is certifed by Lopez. It just shows that you can buy all the grades you like but skill speak for itself.

19. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

Well I'll never "PIMP OUT" Jeet Kune Do... :bang: "I teach Quality friends/students, not quantity"…..Something to think about!

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney

20. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Now you know how I feel.