Get some sleep!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cait, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Bloomin Edison!!!

I always try and get 8 hours,if I don't I can really feel it next day. Even with my recent sleep "issues" I go to bed around 11pm and get up at 7

People's habits don't help either- tv in the bedroom and such,meaning you don't get time to wind down before trying to get to sleep at all.
    I always fancy one of those "alarms" that wakes you up by a light getting brighter to replicate sunrise so that you come round more slowly and it feels more natural.

If I get less than 7 hours sleep I become some kind of she-hulk! :eek:

3. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

I usually get anywhere from 6- 8 hours. It just depends.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i get 4-5 maybe

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Used to stay awake from Wednesday/Thursday through to Sunday midday when I was younger (old raver). The drive back from Coventry on Sunday morning used to be a blast. I'd then sleep till Monday/Tuesday - happy days.

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Umm, I got about 3 hours today.....

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Get to sleep Pac!!!!! :eek:

I would be in a completely awful mood after that little sleep!

8. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

i jsut bounce of the walls after that little sleep... but then, i'm ADHD too! :p

9. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I tried Su, but Thursday is my bad day as far as sleep is concerned :cry: I have things to do during the daylight hours too :cool:

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

hence why i'm usually such an ass! :D

11. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I've gotta say I think the article has got it back to front.

Rather than blaming the demands of modern living and the electric lightbulb, I think a lot of sleep problems have their root in the inactivity that fills much of people's day.

Too many people spend all day sitting down at work, then come home and slump in front of the TV. Then when you try to sleep, your body's "tiredness" clock is completely at odds with how you feel mentally.

Personally I sleep a lot better if I go for a brisk walk right before bed.

12. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I try to get as much as possible otherwise I can't concentrate at school the next day. I'm one of those who has to sleep otherwise they can't function. I say I maybe get around 8 - 10 hours. Depends how tired I am really.

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Get more sleep then TG! :p :p

14. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Hmm, I get about 1 or 2 hours, been like that for months and no significant problems, can't believe everything you read.

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

That's crazy! I'd be like a zoombie....

16. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:D Never did Maggie any harm

17. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

You get used to it, somethings force us to stay awake long periods, others keep us awake.

18. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

If I don't get enough sleep, I start off nutty and get cranky after a while.

19. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I can comfortably do 36 hours without sleep, but it's getting tougher as I get older.

20. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

The more sleep I have the more tired and cranky I get. It's not like I wake up when I'm not tired, oh no, I'll sleep for as long as I'm left there :bang:

So yeah, I aim for 6 hours. The closer you get to 8 (or more) the worse I get.

Does anyone else ever feel like sleeping lots is a waste of time sometimes? :confused:
    "I've got plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead"