Gennady Golovkin

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by belltoller, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I think it will honestly

2. Saved_in_Blood

Groves fell apart twice with froch, Golovkin stalks and gives groves the beating of a lifetime. The first fight was a controversial stoppage, but make no mistake... groves was getting stopped just the the second time. His cardiovascular sucks and froch can hang tough down the stretch.

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Alright then, well, you've sold me on it.

I did hear that the Murray/Spada fight was buggered badly due to Spada getting a header and Murray being docked on some sort of 'zero tolerance' rule.

The fight had been halted abruptly, in a contrived way due to a non-medically significant cut, then went to the score-cards.

4. Saved_in_Blood

I saw it...spada used his head more than his fists. Spada git a point taken, but it was just an ugly fight in general. Watch Murray vs martinez. Better way to judge him as a fighter.

5. belltoller

Spada gave the headbutt? I'd read somewhere it were Murray- unless I had a spell of the cross-eye and read it wrong...

It's been said by more than one news outlet that Martinez seems to be fading - no longer as agile as in years past. I think it a bit early to write him off because he had one lackluster bout.

Did Martinez seem worn to you?

6. Saved_in_Blood

Martinez in that fight took 1 official knockdown and should have been counted again but the ref let it go. He didn't seem worn to me in that fight as much as Murray was just that much bigger and seemed to block many of the shots, or they just weren't hurting him.

As far as the head clash perhaps it was from Murray, nut spadas continuous leading with the head imo is why he got cut. He was going to outbox Murray and he knew it, so he resorted to very dirty tactics

7. Saved_in_Blood

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9DwxDkwC4[/ame]

I don't think sergio looked shot here.

8. belltoller

I suppose not - lol at that showboating of his. He reminded me of the Anderson Silva KO by Weidman @5:12 of the video.

Maybe it warn't Martinez looking shot so much as Murray looking rather on his game.

9. Saved_in_Blood

The point of this fight is that Murray is a step up in class for Golovkin. While I can see many holes in Murray's game, he can make things difficult for GGG.

10. belltoller

Aye, point well made. Looks like its time to get HBO on the telley.

11. Saved_in_Blood

There's also Hopkins vs kovalev coming up in 2 weeks, we'll see if kovalev is the real deal or not.

12. belltoller

OH - that's right! Had almost forgotten.

13. belltoller

And this is who Hopkins wants next?!?

No one can question BHop's balls...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADmJl18CfA#t=271"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADmJl18CfA#t=271[/ame]

14. puma

puma Valued Member

Well, I think he could of been a bit braver in his prime actually. Should have fought loads of people but didn't. He fought people smaller, like De La Hoya or Trinidad, and called them great wins. Should have had great wins over people like James Toney.