generating force

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by cloudz, Jun 8, 2015.

1. embra

embra Valued Member

Personally I think you can refute 1 person - who can equally be someone silly, after that a Mod adds some red text adjudicating and informing people to be grown up in the internet-war-of-words.

3 strikes and your out, so I suppose that would be about right, thinking about it.

However in the locked fajing thread, after a lot of questioning from everyone, I asked Robinhood, 1) do cats like milk? 2)who is the president of the USA? - to which there were no answers QED.

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I wouldn't want to implicate any of my teachers in my (occasionally) asinine posting. Maybe that says something about me, I don't really care, people can figure out my name from my posting, but I don't think they should be responsible for anything I say.

3. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Blah..blah ...blah.... if you can't relate to my answers, that just tells me about you, my teacher does not care if you , who can't understand ying and yang arts knows who he is. Try to figure out why what I post does not make sense to you !.

4. embra

embra Valued Member

If you added 1 word of a)comprehension b)credibility c)interest to anyone here; then your time here might be seen as contributing something, however minuscule.

However.....

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Because it is largely nonsense....that isn't the part that is causing issues

6. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

The question is not relevant, and none of your business, stick to trying to figure martial art questions, none of you knows all people who teach and what level they are, only rumors and here say, stick to subject. If you can't figure out someone's level it is probably because you have no experence with that level. If someone describes an experence it will familiar if you have reached that level.

Think about it.

7. Hannibal

I know exactly what your level is

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

You may not want to mention your "师门 (Shi Men) - your style, you teacher" in your post for no good reason. I also believe it's not good idea to always mention your teacher's name and live under his shadow for the rest of your life.

But if others are interested in your opinion and like to know what kind of MA background that may cause you to have your opinion. If they (more than one) ask you politely, I see no reason to release that information. Of course you still don't have to, but you may just miss your chance to develop a good "mutual trust" relationship with others.

The online discussion is like you are holding a mask in front of your face, and I'm holding a mask in front of my face. Since we are not using our real names here, I don't know who you are and you don't know who I'm. Mis-understanding can easily be created. The moment that we can both remove our masks, the moment that we may realize that we are not that much different after all, the internet MA discussion can be fun and all personal attacks can be avoided.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  9. embra

embra Valued Member

What a load of [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o96nZp7ctoM"]Funny Cat Burps - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  10. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

It is not my fault you can't comprehend anything, maybe ýou need more experence for these subjects. You might be the 16 year old key board fu, judging by your responses that are empty on content and full of immature slanders.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Guys, you're both trolling.

Carry on and it's a step on the sidelines.

Your choice.

12. embra

embra Valued Member

A very well-worked out and reasoned reply.

13. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

See, you just proved my point, grow up or go away, you are not entertaining!

14. Hannibal

Ok, temp ban aside let us try this -

Since you feel there is nothing to be gained talking about the one subject you are claiming skill in - and leaving aside whether or not I consider that claim valid - try answering these

1) (a) How does boxing generate power?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c) When?

2) (a) How does Karate - pick a style - generate power?
    (b)Have you felt this?
    (c) When?

3) (a) How does a wrestler use leverage and redirection?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c)When?

4) How does BJJ use leverage and redirection?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c)When?

5)(a) How does JJJ (gendai or trad) Use leverage and redirection?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c)When?

6) (a) How does Muay Thai generate power?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c) When?

7) (a) How does Savate generate power?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c) When?

8) (a) How does Wing Chun generate power?
    (b) Have you felt this?
    (c) When?

This is to establish a baseline of common reference by picking the styles I have direct experience in IN ADDITION to the exposure I have to Chen style and several other disciplines

15. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Well I'm not 16, and I don't know any kind of gung fu, how am I supposed to know what your talking about if I've never seen it in the first place. Just drop some knowledge on us so we can get it, thank you and thank you.

16. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Here are two examples of the internal method used in Han Shi Yi Quan. In the first video Glenn Pasion just lifts his arms and in the second he throws a few punches.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL3...&v=S3PCtMV-SWI
    [ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJiWQ8qVA3c[/ame]

17. Hannibal

Thanks for that 23rdwave as it nicely illustrates the point I have been making - it is very similar to how I teach punching in JKD, (which has it's genesis in my Shukokai days coupled with the boxing I have done)

It is not IDENTICAL of course...no art is 100% a match...but it IS pretty much teh same mechanic

18. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Most methods look the same on the outside. Unfortunately we can not see what's on the inside. That is where the differences lie.

19. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

May be the discussion for this thread should be, "What will an internal guy do any different when he does this move?"

What do you think the inside difference should be when an "internal" guy does this move?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Br9IhlHFIo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Br9IhlHFIo[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  20. Hannibal

Actually not so much