General Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by G.Razvan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

Hello. I just planned my routine,and did it about 3 times:) I feel really good after. But of course there might be some problems so, please, CRYTIQUE me. At the end I posted some questions, please, help me.

Warm-up
    1)Jogging to the place where I train. About 500m.
    2)Warm-up. Rotating all the joints, almost a dinamique stretching but not taht intense.
    Stretching
    3)Dinamique stretching,starting with the head.At the dinamique stretching I emphasis on the legs.I rise them up 10 reps then upper until I reach the maximum(axe kick). First forward then to the sides and then back. After this I'm doing some ap chagi in that rhytm as axe kick.After the dinamique strethcing I walk a little.
    4)Isometric stretching. Here I do "the classic" exercises.I hold on each leg about 10 seconds, then 15, then 20.
    Cardiovascular exercises
    5)Here I'm often doing shadow boxing.And some little jumps, not squats, standing straight.
    Strenght
    6)Well here is a problem. As I was informed I need to do exercises with which I can do just low reps. Here I improvise push-up forms to be hard to do. I do pull-ups becuase I can't do more than 10-12 reps. And for the abs I lie on my back and rise my legs, these really hurts. For the legs i'm doing some squat jumps.
    Endurance
    7)Here is much easier. Push-ups, squats, abs(a lot of forms), sprints.
    8)I do, but separately exercises for endurance with dumbells, beetween 1-9 kg (2-18 lbs). These exercises involve my whole body.
    Relaxing
    9)First I walk a little then I do some isometric stretching then walk to home.

Ok,now I have some general questions.If you can recommend me some exercises please emphasis on the martial arts goals:

a)About the dinamique exercises,are they good enough?What dinamique exercises I should do for upper body?
    b)That cardio is enough?What other exercises I should do?
    c)At the strennght I have a problem. I recently had a visit to the doctors. I have some stings around my pecs and they said is because of my growing (16 years 1,87 m).I think the strenght is hard to train with bodywheight becuase of all exercises I can do more than 10 reps. Do you think is good if i try an big free weights exercise?
    d)About my routine workouts.How much workouts I should have on a week and in the ''free'' days what I can do to develop further?And when I should put my free weights exercises for endurance?
    e)I really want to exercise the techniques too(kicks and punches),stances,poomsae.How I should programme them?
    f)And the last questions, haleluja , it's better to do workout in the evening?Is it true?

Thank you for your patience.Have a nice day!

2. ironman800

ironman800 Valued Member

I am just a beginning student, (are you also beginning?), and I am having trouble making my routine too. You can check mine out in the the same forum.
    What I learned about stretching came from Van Zandt's thread in the flexibility forum and everything else came from research.

One thing I learned is that flexibility, cardio...and most importantly technique are the things to focus on in the beginning. All strength can come from bodyweight exercises.

Your only rest day is one in which you only do some light cardio....cardio is every day!!!

Flexibility should also be done everyday

Strength should be done 6 times per week, and it will get less as you get stronger and you do more intense workouts.

I'll post again with more info if I can find some time!

Again, I am only a beginner at this so feel free to correct!
    Hope I helped a little!

3. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

Hey,thank you!Yes,I'm a beginner too.Thank you for the recommandations:)I sent you a private message,check it please.:)Thanks again

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Strength training shouldn't be done 6 days a week if you are doing it properly. Ideally for martial arts you want to be doing a good compound lifting programme using squats, rows, deadlifts, presses, dips and pull ups. This can be done 2 or 3 times a week with 48 hours rest between sessions. If you don't have access to weights, then you can get stronger using bodyweight exercises but you have to pick exercises that are challenging - do pushups with your feet raised or one arm variations, do pistols and glute ham raises for you legs, handstand pushups and bodyweight rows are other options, add weight to things with a weighted vest or a backpack filled with books, make a sandbag. You should have at least one day a week as a rest day - if you must do something on your rest day go for a walk.

How often do you train your martial arts? Do cardio/conditioning work on days when you don't do strength work.

Have a look at this site for some good information:

http://rosstraining.com/blog/

5. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

Hello. Thank you for the response.Well because of school I can do only 1 martial arts class per week. And one more thing...I've read in the forum that if I do exercises for endurance I dont have to exhaust me because it don't give me the benefits, I understood right?