General ninja chit chat!!!

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Keikai, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'd be interested in seeing what he's teaching in the Genjutsu part of his class?

Just stuff he's picked up as a Magician or is it authentic Bujinkan related Genjutsu?

2. garth

garth Valued Member

Oh I see lets all go on to this page and take the mick out of me.

How grown up guys

Garth

3. Dean Winchester

So Garth about this Genjutsu?

4. garth

garth Valued Member

Nut Job posted

Not a black belt in To-shin Do?

Really are you sure?

Garth

5. garth

garth Valued Member

Genjutsu

As a magician I will often introduce concepts of magic, but mostly about how not to get fooled.

Simple really

And yes i do from time to time work as a professional magician doing mostly mind reading and close up.

And if you wonder how my magic relates to genjutsu check out the history of magic probably starting with Jeff Sheridan.

My last gig was in December for the NHS.

Garth

6. Dean Winchester

Bit of a stretch though don't you think calling it Genjutsu.

It's a bit like you having experince in German Long sword and saying you teach Kenjutsu.

Are you offering Grades in what you teach?

7. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

No, thats why i'm asking, what did you have to do for it? was it an honoury one??? , several BB's to me sound like more than one or two, could you detail them? i know you dont have a high grade in any of the Bjk or Jinenkan, maybe Genbukan? one with Pete Brown? but thats nothing to shout about, more an embarrassment....

not picking at you Garth but in fairness if you put the info out there then you must be able to stand by what you say.

8. Dean Winchester

BTW I think teaching that is pretty good if you know that sort of thing, I just think calling it Genjutsu is somewhat misleading.

9. garth

garth Valued Member

Nutjob posted

Funny how people take rumour as truth.

The truth is that I had organised the Stephen k Hayes seminar for three years running and after doing it for three years wanted to take a bit of a back seat.

As To-Shin Do was growing and we had a few groups I suggested that we all organise it together each taking a role.

Unfortunaty before i knew it, and before it had been discuseed (Certianly with me) a hall had been booked and someone had decided that they were running it.

Stephen k Hayes received a lot of criticism about where the seminar was being held and when and quite a few participants decided that unless it was changed to another venue they would not go.

The seminar never took place, and To-shin Do came to an end in the UK except for a few isolated groups.

I decided that i was not going to invest my time and money again trying to rescue To-Shin Do in this country by attempting to organise a seminar again especially as the credit crunch was starting to bite.

I wish good luck to all TSD groups in this country and still have the greatest respect for stephen K Hayes.

Garth

10. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

So you were only in TSD for the money? is that what ninjutsu is for you? i've just put mine out to anyone made redundant by the crunch for free, community spirit, i guess some of us have it....

(Credit crunch didnt happen until end of last year, you were well out of it by then)

11. garth

garth Valued Member

Dean Winchester posted

Its a good point Dean, but of course modern magic, and especially japanese magic has a lot of links to the past of Japan and what we would call traditional folk beliefs.

Interestingly a lot of what Dr Hatsumi shows in Essence of Ninjutsu as genjutsu has been known about by magicians for years.

I did think about using the word magic but didnt want students coming to me for the express purpose of learning magic and not the martial arts, and of course what i was teaching i wanted to fit in with the curriculum.

Somehow having the word Magic between the words taijutsu and hensojutsu didnt quite fit.

Mind you having said that I've seen a lot of things on various websites claiming what they teach and to be honest probably most instructors dont know half the subjects they list.

Garth

12. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Well its been nice today, i must go, i have steroid to inject in my ass....

13. garth

garth Valued Member

Nutjob posted

I wish> I dont think i did a seminar where I actually made money. no stop i did buy some pads for my club and a Japanese helmet and a naginata for my students to practice naginata with.

Its in the club room as we speak.

Wow so you have waived your weekely subs.

just a point but how do you know we dont have a club account where the money goes each week?

Or are you just assuming.

By the way do you know how much a seminar costs to run?

I actually left TSD in October/November 2007. Northern rock crashed in September of that year.

Garth

14. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

you are easily led Garth. Must be the iron in the water your way :D

This reminds me of the song by that wonderful band The Divine Comedy. It had that line about glasses being free on the NHS.
    (Garth this is not a dig at you but it has reminded me of it)

So if anyone know the name of it, I would like to know as my hamster has fallen off the wheel again.

15. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Mmm this pasta is yummy! :cool:

Now, where was I? Oh yes :D

[​IMG]

That's for the bulk of the tripe that comes out of Garth's hole. Teaching magic and telling people it's Genjutsu. I wonder what else you teach your students that's not what you tell them....... :rolleyes:

I do agree that too many people list stuff on their websites that they don't know themselves but just because other people do it doesn't make it right. You're as bad as Ralph Hall!

Nutjob said - "No, thats why i'm asking, what did you have to do for it? was it an honoury one??? , several BB's to me sound like more than one or two, could you detail them? i know you dont have a high grade in any of the Bjk or Jinenkan, maybe Genbukan? one with Pete Brown? but thats nothing to shout about, more an embarrassment....

not picking at you Garth but in fairness if you put the info out there then you must be able to stand by what you say."

Yes, Garth, we'd all love to know what "The head teacher of the Tatsu-Tora Dojo holds black belts from several Ninjutsu organisations across the world." entails. Care to elaborate? What's your highest rank? And yes, you'll have your usual rant about "why should I tell anyone who hides behind 'anonymous'". Well I'm not claiming grades and I don't teach (certainly not claiming to teach the stuff YOU are claiming LOL). Consider me a prospective student who's asking about your grades :cool:

As any prospective student should do, I've already had a google and found that you do have a Shodan in To-shin Do that I could verify.

Any others? :cool:

16. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Yes he does, he has organised one for Sven Eric and two for me!

17. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Why do I feel that playing eye of the tiger with Stormy's post?

:D

18. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

**MOD NOTICE**

Hello folks, as you may have noticed I've moved all the posts relating to Garth's credentials to the old thread as there is no need for several threads dedicated to questioning Garth and his credentials.

From my perspective, Garth has been very forthcoming about his training history whereas those questioning him are extremely reluctant to provide any information on their own background. As such, I find the random insults and unnecessary jabs directed at garth to be both unnecessary and unfair. If you disagree with Garth or what he is teaching that's your perogative but that does not mean it's permissable to insult him and fill threads with images and videos whose only goal is to insult him. Those who have done so will be receiving PM's shortly.

Please note this thread is for light hearted banter and random chat... not for posting insulting images and arguing with impunity.

**Everyone is now considered forewarned that posting such images or videos is not considered to be ok.**

19. garth

garth Valued Member

Kouryuu posted

Then he will know that they can amount to many thousands of pounds.

Garth

20. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

As you are now back on e-budo why have you got bone breaking on your website when it is joint manipulation and skelital structure manipulation?

Mybe a change in the way it is worded Garht would benefit you more that what people may see as a rough and potentially destructive school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.