Genbukan Kobudo Clip

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

2. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Very cool Renshi.

Thank you!

See you at the next one!

3. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

wahhhh that was sweet! Thank you! I've been hoping and wanting to see Tanemura in action as of recent, thanks!

Do you know if there is gonna be any other Tai Kai DVDs?

4. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Very cool video - it looked like a very well-organized Tai Kai.

5. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

It was fantastic!

Tanemura Sensei arranged for us to visit various sites, temples castles etc. All food was provided, all hotels, busses everything. Of course four days of training too! Dojo-Cho were given very special sessions and trips as well. It was really cool to see some Ryu ha, special ones, even Gikan Ryu (which is amazing) some of it is even on the video clip above... Soke's mugen Shinto Ryu and Aiki Jutsu teacher was very cool and very good. I love the fact that Soke as good as he is still has teachers, still say's Hai Sensei! Still is getting better, great spirit!

I was and still am amazed at how inexpensive it all was, and how professional it was run, we even had special entertainment every night. Just incredible. The one coming up this year looks to be even greater. We will go to Kyoto, visit Takamatsu Sensei's old house and grave, see "ninja houses" more temples, more training etc..

I can't wait! :)

6. Banpen Fugyo

Ray sensei,

You wouldn't happen to know what is covered and not covered as far as the "members only" and "public" versions of the DVD, would you?

-BF.

7. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Hello,

I only know what is covered on the members version. Sorry I couldn't help.

Best,

8. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

You're just saying that to make me jealous :D

(it worked... hahah :p )

But seriously though, sounds like a real blast!

9. Banpen Fugyo

I suppose it is too late to register for the Japan Tai Kai this year, eh?

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

:confused:

11. Banpen Fugyo

Saru- ?

----

wish i could understand what he says at the end :(

12. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

I would contact Coleman Kyoshi and ask.

Saru, I don't understand. Why are you confused?

Big Will, hahaha, nah, I am just happy and also excited about this year.

Best,

13. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Interesting.... could anyone explain to me the difference between Genbukan and Bujinkan? I'm only really familiar with the latter.

14. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

I suggest you run a search :) The topic has been covered many times.

Basically, the Bujinkan is run by Hatsumi Masaaki, who was a student of To*****ugu Takamatsu. Tanemura Shoto was a student of Hatsumi, but parted ways with him and created Genbukan (and studied under other people as well). Same thing can be said about Manaka Unsui, who created the Jinenkan.

So in essence, there are three "kans" - the Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan. They are similar in some ways, but differ in others. If you run a search, you'll see how :)

15. Banpen Fugyo

The genbukan has many other styles incorporated into it. As you can see from the video, at one point they are doing the chinese style of Baqua, as well as a style of aikijutsu and karate. Tanemura sensei seems to believe more in cross training and than remaining static and isolated.

Also, as far as fundamentals go, the Genbukan has a lot of emphasis on ukemi for the first few kyu, then moves onto basic strikes and throws. After shodan you train in KJJR which is a jujutsu school he runs, and when you get your shodan inthat, you may choose to study any style you wish (I think). I believe you can still get a hand written menkyo in any of the styles he teaches.

16. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Hi,

I wanted to just clarify a few points.

New people to the Genbukan organization can "enter the gate" if a few ways. One may of course join the GWNBF and study Ninpo Bugei, but also they may just join the KJJR and study only Jujutsu.

If they wish they may just study koryu karate, or goshin-jutsu, or Chinese martial arts. Someone may also just study bikenjutsu or bo.

Now, this of course depends on a few things. First your local Dojo may not be trained in enough of these arts to be able to do this. For example what if the Dojo-Cho of a local Dojo-Cho has not trained in Koryu karate? Then of course they cannot teach that art.

Also a Dojo-Cho may have some rules as to how they personally run things, for example maybe requiring a Shodan in jujutsu before studying ninpo etc.

The point is that there exists different organizations that Tanemura Soke is Kancho/Kaicho of and if you can find a Dojo who's Dojo-Cho has the training you may study any of them.

An example is Michael Coleman kyoshi, people in his Dojo may train in ninpo, Jujutsu Koryu karate Biken, Bo, Goshin etc... Some people only do Koryu karate, some only jujutsu, some a mixture...

In my Dojo I have seperate classes for Ninpo, Jujutsu, Bikenjutsu, Bojutsu, Goshinjutsu... People can study one or more of these. Soon I will offer Koryu karate as well. I train in it and teach it in special workshops but my rank is not high enough in it to offer ongoing public training. I also train in Soke's chinese martial arts but a not even graded in it yet, but when my grade is high enough I will offer that as well.

I really enjoy the diversity of Soke's arts, many people can enjoy true budo depending on their interests and abilities.

It is true that if someone attains a low-mid dan grade they can study individual ryu and indeed earn Menkyo kaiden. In fact most mid dan grades do have various menkyo in ryu ha.

But to be clear, Tanemura sensei does not "add" karate, kung fu, jujutsu etc, to Ninpo. Ninpo is Ninpo, Karate is Karate etc...

Sincerely,

17. Banpen Fugyo

Right, I didnt mean to simplify it as such, and that things were "added into ninpo". Just trying to give an easy answer, thanks for the additional info.