Garth's & Others Credentials?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Shibari, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Just popped back to see how it's all going :D

Glad to see that Garth has finally admitted that his "Genjutsu" isn't Genjutsu at all but simple conjuring tricks, thus admitting that he is entirely the kind of charlatan that Hatsumi cautions against in Essense of Ninjutsu. He wasn't saying "this is Genjutsu" Garth; he was illustrating the tricks people try to get away with to promote themselves as martial arts masters, just like you have done. Still at least you've now admitted it and agreed to stop doing it so maybe there's a glimmer of hope for you. <insult removed>

Oh btw, nice move choosing Jock as an example of a Bujinkan instructor! How many times has that buffoon been ripped to shreds right here on MAP and other forums for his ridiculous claims? He was once derided for claiming to teach kuji-in and it turned out he had simply taken it from reiki sources and was trying to be all mystical to fool his students. Sound familiar? And just like we ragged on him, we're ragging on you <insult removed>.

Garth said -"Lets not even mention the deaths that have occured in the hands of Bujinkan instructors in the past."

Seriously Garth, you know that's BS <insults removed>. I wouldn't like to be in your shoes if you keep spouting this nonsense, I really wouldn't :rolleyes:

Jwt said - "Just in case it was missed - there are at least 10 separate and independent organisations all teaching 'Shotokan Karate' in the UK and probably hundreds across the world. All because at some point in time a person has broken away from his instructor."

Absolutely! But what gets me is that Garth feels he can set up his own martial art (his words) when in reality he's a Shodan. That's not just stupid, it's massively arrogant too, especially when he uses the example of Nichiren as a comparison. And as has been proved here and elsewhere time and time again, it's arrogance based on fantasy rather than reality. He needs to wind down his ego, put on a white belt and get down to some real training and build a proper foundation.

Oh btw Garth, I didn't spend my day playing Fallout 3. I spent it productively, sorting out new furniture, making arrangements with friends to attend a comedy night next week and cooking a fantastic meal of peppered chicken which, even though I say it myself, was gorgeous! :hat:

The above comment is childish and unnecessary. Congratulations on having a life... most people have lives but don't feel the need to brag about it repeatedly on an internet forum. Disagreeing with garth is fine but I don;t see what your dinner arrangements have to do with such disagreement besides being a very childish attempt at an insult. Cut it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
  2. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Do you mean the one Norm was at when someone was shot and died? If so that was an independent dojo, not Bujinkan.

If you can supply more, please do.

3. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Shibari!

I read your post and chuckled with delight, kind of like Jabba the Hutt chortling as he watched Princess Leia dance...really, heh heh heh :).

I was last at QFR with my fiance maybe three months ago; I normally am a P&F guy. Lately, we've taken to hitting up McCoole's, but lately that's kind of slowed down as she's been working most weekend nights :-(.

Knowing that you know about QFR and P&F (and, I imagine, QMart), makes me honestly care less about any of your "qualifications" and more about whether or not you'd fancy a "Meat" gyro some Friday night, lol. :hat:

With a Lotta Cheer and a Little Chuckle,

SML

4. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

OOOh what a low blow, thats a really bad cheap shot, i wonder if Derry's wife would be happy with such a cheap shot......

Thats really bad Garth, if thats what you need to resort to then you really are a loser of great magnitude...

I'm sure if you ask for the real story of the time you will find Brian McCarthy, the BBD and the others were all cleared......shame on you.....

5. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

just the two of you??? :):)

6. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Right folks I think this has gone far enough for now. Thread is being locked temporarily while everyone takes a chill pill and hopefully realise that insulting some guy you don't like shouldn't be something you have to do day in, day out.

Shibari & Nutjob > You are within your rights to disagree with Garth but not within your rights to harass and insult him. I've warned countless times about not inserting unnecessary insults but such warnings continue to go unheeded. Suggesting someone go outside more when posting on a martial arts forum about how super social you are in real life is the height of childishness. Also this is not a Bujinkan-only forum so please drop the condescending and unnecessary attacks on indie groups.

And Shibari although you continue to protest you are not obsessed by garth one need only take a look at your avatar and your user title to realise that your interest is significantly more than normal.

I'm having a discussion with some of the other mods about some of the posts in this thread. Expect PM's soon but for now... drop the topic. More than enough has been said about Garth's credentials now and I think his main critics have already had enough opportunity to voice their opinions on the topic.

Dropping the attacks on Garth at this point is not a request, so do not derail other threads by raising this same topic. This thread will likely reopen in a while but for now... drop the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.