Garth's & Others Credentials?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Shibari, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Okay, heaven help me I can't resist :hat:

Garth said - "Well if you are saying with Instructors, some with Mr Tanemura, some with Mr Hayes, Some with Dr Hatsumi and some with Fumon Tanaka."

"Some"? Brilliant. Please define "some" in relation to how much time you have spent studying under each instructor you just listed and to what grade. This should be most enlightening :cool:

It's my personal assertion that you don't have enough time on the mat to go round making qualitative statements regarding the various ryuha. You're an armchair ninja :cool:

EDIT: Image removed once again, there is no need for images whose only purpose is to insult someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  2. garth

garth Valued Member

Shibari posted
    "
    Sorry I dont think I have to give my training background to you, although I have posted it previously on this forum.

Especially when i know nothing about you. Your bio on here says nothing at all about you, so if you are going to keep yourself secret I se no reason to post anything about myself.

Thats your opinion

Garth

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Garth said - "Sorry I dont think I have to give my training background to you, although I have posted it previously on this forum.

Especially when i know nothing about you. Your bio on here says nothing at all about you, so if you are going to keep yourself secret I se no reason to post anything about myself."

Yes but Garth dear, I'm not the one making claims and statements. I have nothing to back up. If I did, I would post my background so far as was needed in order to qualify the position I was making any claims/statements :cool:

If you've already posted your background, surely it's the work of moments for you to provide it here so as to inform the discussion? Unless of course your background doesn't actually place you in a position to be making such statements :evil:

Garth said - "Thats your opinion"

No, that's my assertion.

Woohoo! My one hundredth post!

4. garth

garth Valued Member

Shibari posted
    And of course its only moments for you to find it.

Garth

5. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Garth said - "And of course its only moments for you to find it."

Moments to dig through 2001 posts (at the time I wrote this post)? Sure, I'll get right on that..... :bang:

Why am I getting the feeling that you're a Kyu grade? :rolleyes:

By the way, for the record your profile doesn't contain much except a dead link :cool:

6. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Ahh, Google is my friend :cool:

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(ninjutsu-martial-arts)_115177.htm

http://www.ukvillages.co.uk/villagesocieties/C004C73E7~Ninjutsu Northants Upton-Northamptonshire

Beautiful :cool:

Remind me how long you've trained with each of these instructors you've listed?

7. garth

garth Valued Member

To-Shin Do: Frist trained with Mr Hayes in 1986 for four days, travelled to the USA to train at the hombu Dojo for 8 days. Brought Mr Hayes to the Uk on four seperate occasions. Attended seminar in Germany. Hold Black Belt in To-Shin Do.

Peter Brown (4th Dan Bujinkan/4th dan Genbukan) originally graded in Bujinkan and then to 2nd dan in Peters system.

Genbukan Group Leader for 6 years attended seminars all over the UK and abroad with Shoto Tanemura. hosted Ross Edwards (Shodan) to Ketering to teach genbukan on several occasions. Trained with James Taylor (Shodan) virtually everyday for 3 months when i lived in Telford. Attended a few seminars with Nick Dionofrio (5th Dan) down in Brighton.

Dr Hatsumi attended seminars in 1982 and 1985, trained with Doron Navon in Brighton in 1987 and in Peter Kings dojo under Doron in Croydon. Also attended Bujinkan seminars in Peterborough and Brighton.

Spent five days training under Fumon Tanaka (2 weekends and one evening)

Began training under Davis Koss (shodan in 1985) so yes I could say that i was one of the first to begin training in this art in the Uk. Ninjutsu began in the uk in 1983.

Garth

8. Shibari

Shibari New Member

See? That didn't hurt did it? Oh no wait, it may have done. :confused:

So basically.......

Toshindo - attended some seminars and a bit of training.

Sorry, I seemed to miss what your Bujinkan grade was or how long you trained for :confused:

No grade listed for Genbukan either. You just taught a group (on what basis I'm wondering?)

Attended a handful of Bujinkan seminars.

Couple of seminars with Fumon Tanaka

Doesn't add up to much in twenty three years dear :cool:

9. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

Precisely what does this have to do with the original topic?

10. Arashima

Arashima Banned Banned

I tried to send you a message which is quite important to do with what you wrote here.

It is to do with something I wrote earlier.

But it said your messages were full up so you will need to delete some to get it.

11. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Dra_uk said - "Precisely what does this have to do with the original topic?"

It's part of the way the discussion has flowed. I'm attempting to highlight the fact that Garth's information is flawed and that the flaws are a direct result of his lack of experience to be making the claims he did earlier in the thread. He made a claim, I questioned it, he attempted to avoid providing proof. When he provided this recent information, his proof has shown that he is hardly in a position to be making factual claims about what is in a ryuha and what isn't.

As I think Garth no longer has a leg to stand on with regard to this part of the discussion, I see no reason why the thread cannot now return to the earlier topic. Thank you for your time :cool:

12. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

For the sake of balance in this discussion - what are your credentials, Shibari?

13. garth

garth Valued Member

Shibari Posted

It's part of the way the discussion has flowed. I'm attempting to highlight the fact that Garth's information is flawed and that the flaws are a direct result of his lack of experience to be making the claims he did earlier in the thread.

Even George Kohler told you that Kukamishin Ryu is Kukishin Ryu, when you tried to point out that I had made a mistake, or misreperesented what i had said.

Yes you asked me specifically what i time I had spent under the instructors I had listed, not what training I had done, or how many seminars I had attended.

Heres a few more, James Norris seminar (5th dan Bujinkan) Brought him to the UK from USA in 2006 for a two day seminar. Attended a seminar given by James Norris in Liverpool.

Attended a number of Bujinkan seminars in Peterborough and Northampton when those groups were going.

Started in Ninjutsu in 1985 with David Koss from USA.

Recently attended Daiwado Seminar taught by students of Sato Kimbei (Takamatsu Student)

Attended seminar in Telford given by (Cant remember name of instructor, but Genbukan)

As for Genbukan I graded in Scotland to 1st Kyu and then given Shodan in Brighton the following year.

Bujinkan I stated in the EBNS in about 1986 and to be honst its so long ago I cant even remember the grade. But it was not very high.

etc etc

Big Will posted
    Good idea, what are your credentials shibari?

In fact who are you?

Oh and thanks for the plug by the way. Your not alowed to advertise your group here. Looks like you did it for me.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  14. garth

garth Valued Member

Arashima

I have now emptied my in box, so you should be able to send.

Garth

15. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Garth said - "Good idea, what are your credentials shibari?

In fact who are you?"

I already addressed this. My credentials are irrelevant to this discussion. I'm not making any claims so I don't need to establish a position to back those claims up. All I'm doing is asking questions :cool:

As for who I am, I'm anonymous, for we are legion :cool:

Oh while I remember.

Garth said - "Heres a few more, James Norris seminar (5th dan Bujinkan) Brought him to the UK from USA in 2006 for a two day seminar. Attended a seminar given by James Norris in Liverpool."

Google tells me that it wasn't you who brought him to the UK in 2006. Claiming credit for the actions of others again are we? :cool: And yes, James Norris is a fifth dan in the Bujinkan but that/those were Toshindo seminars. Trying to mislead again are we? :cool:

16. poryu

poryu Valued Member

Hi

I think if anyone insists on requesting anyone elses credentials etc then they should also have the manners to put up theirs as well.

Its unfair and wrong to push the issue with one person and think that you can hide behind a veil and not do the same.

You asked if they were Kyu grades. May we all now ask you Shibari - are you only a Kyu grade

As for being Anonymous. Hiding behind that veil is not good either if your making requests. Do you have something to hide?

Maybe the moderatior should close this thread as its going nowhere

17. Shibari

Shibari New Member

lol

No, seriously.

lol

MAP doesn't require disclosure of personal information. But if someone presents information, it makes sense to provide a certain amount of information in order to qualify their position. Otherwise I could come on here and say all sorts of things, right? Garth made some claims, I showed that there were questions involved (still are) and Garth saw his butt over it. Not my fault if he tries to embellish his training history with name dropping and taking the credit for others' actions :rolleyes:

Does Garth have to back up his claims with personal background? Nope. I can ask but all he had to do was say no. But if he makes claims then it makes sense for him to back up those claims so that people know how much weight to lend to his claims.

And even if I was a kyu grade, does it matter? Can kyu grades not ask questions when they seem to find something questionable?

18. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Oh and by the way Garth dear :hat:

Garth said - "Dr Hatsumi attended seminars in 1982 and 1985"

You did? You trained with Dr Hatsumi way back in 1982? Where? And in 1985? Where? That's damn impressive. If only it were true.

You can back these claims up, right? :cool:

19. Shibari

Shibari New Member

Thank you, I'll take that under advisement. In the meantime, feel free to continue the debate as you wish.

Garth? Care to reply?

20. garth

garth Valued Member

Shibari posted
    I think you will find that i did. the seminar was held at princess Marina hospital in Northampton, which is incidently where i live, In the hospital grounds as i was head of security for the hospital.

Where on Google exactly did you see that said that i didnt?

No but as you are probably a member of the Bujinkan it made sense to include that qualification. I dont know what grade he holds now in To-Shin Do.

You know its a typo, It was 1992 and 1995. And yes i was there,

I'm actually on one of the DVDs in case you state that i am lying again. I can also give you a detailed description of the seminars and venues. Stratford upon Avon started with naginata Jutsu right, and we had a gentleman from the SAS (Elderly man) at the start of the class. Hatsumi spoke about deception. Upstairs one could go up and look over the training hall. I believe I bought a copy of Poryus book there and I bought a nice black gi top with stratford 1995 on it with kanji down the lapels. I think it was at this seminar that dr Hatsumis watch went missing.

The 1992 seminar i have a nice picture of me with Mr Noguchi. The seminar finished with an evening meal with a guest hypnotist. Peter king was called to the stage and presented a grade.

Garth

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.