gannon vs kimbo result

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216050&page=6&pp=20

looks like Gannon "the cannon" has derailed the kimbo bandwagon, via a big ass overhand right ko after about 10-15 mins. For those who have been living under a rock, a clip came out a few months ago of this guy kimbo, a BIG black street fighter, beating the crap out of another big black guy in a backyard brawl. he showed some great boxing ability, and rumours started trickling in that he was training to go into pro boxing, and has a record so far of 9-1 in his bare knuckle boxing career. almost overnight the clip had done the rounds on pretty much every martial arts forum there is, and he is probably the most famous fighter that has never got in the ring. Gannon, a relatively unknown pro mma fighter, challenged kimbo to a fight to prove that street fighters cant beat a pro fighter. the rules were in kimbos favour- bareknuckle, no drug test, and there would be no taking it to the ground, stand up only.

well what can I say, I didnt want to place bets on this fight. from what I saw of the kimbo fight he has some obvious talent and hits like a truck, and can take it, but then again I have never seen Gannon fight and he is a pro mma fighter and boxer, as well as being bigger than kimbo. the video of gannon vs kimbo isnt up yet but heres the original kimbo fight for those who somehow missed it-
    http://www.sublimedirectory.com/basement/media/kimbo.wmv

2. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

The guy is a big guy no doubt but the other fighter was way out of his depth - WAY.

Hence he was on his butt a fair bit!

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

ok just to make it clear- the vid i have posted is NOT of the fight, it is the original clip that started the bandwagon. the gannon vs kimbo fight is not up yet.

4. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Yeah I didn't think kimbo would win that......we are talking about him fighting a pro fighter with a decent size advantage.

5. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Sorry Ikken

I know that was Kimbo vs other normal guy not the Kimbo vs Pro Fighter vid.

Just saying Kimbo was by far the more commited and skilled fighter in that vid. A lot was I think through intimidation I guess as the other normal guy (in this vid) may have bottled it at the begining.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Awww excellent, Nice one Ikken! :D I was looking for the results last night but couldn't find them! So glad to hear that Gannon won :D

Can't wait for the video :D

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I just got ahold of a pretty good quality video of it. It wasn't a bad fight, though the cardio of both fighters was awful and there was a serious problem with muppets from each team getting involved in it. Looking at the way it ended, I reckon they'll both be needing a doctor
    I've posted some pretty blurry pics in the MMA Pics thread of the way both fighters looked at the end, better pics when I do some vidcaps

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Gah, the links from the thread Ikken posted don't work anymore. =/

PL

10. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Gannon looks pretty damn messed up there. I'm not sure if Kimbo ever had any proper training, if he didn't, he could get quite good.

11. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Damn no links work, i can't see the fight and i realy wanna...

I don't undertand all the hype and the internet warriors. Kimbo is one tough mf he could kick lots of people's ass with ease, but taking on a pro fighter? Being a (good) pro means training 8 hours/day 5 days a week (like any other working man). You can't take on a pro if you haven't at least done the training for it.

But you cant judge a guy from a 2 min clip too so forget what i said...

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Yuki will post it soon! ;) I would, but I don't have any hosting

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I have the whole fight, and would upload it but it's 30 meg and to big to put on my host! I could always just upload the ending if people want it...

14. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

migt be a bit much to ask but is it possible to just cut out the "boring" bits?

where did you get it from?

15. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Why people would care about two thugs smashing each other about is beyond me.
    Let's go do something civilized, shall we?

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

because this is what fighting is ALL ABOUT. two people going at it and one guy left at the end. if you want civilisation go and design a car or something.

17. Scarlet Mist

Do you mean fighting as in "I want to hurt you badly, and you harbour the same sentiments towards me". Because in that case this is how it goes:

Fighting is about me hitting you over the head with a rock, then my friend jumps on you and starts stomping. While this is going on, a friend of yours spots, pulls out a 44, runs up and starts shooting. My friends then pop the trunk to get out the heavy aritllery, then we hear the police sirens, and everyone scatters.

On the other hand, if you mean fighting such as in "pointlessly beating the crap out of each other" then by all means, that video is what you desire.

18. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

so we agree then? good.

19. Scarlet Mist

We agree as in "yes, I like 2 cats beating the tripe out of each other" or "yes the fight starts when the rock hits home and 44 comes out"?

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

on both counts. please if you want to continue this do it in chat, i dont want to clog this thread up