Gaining weight (yet again)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by kobudo_tob, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Nutrition perhaps? Even on days when I dont eat a thing, I'm getting like 120g from protein just from my daily gallon of milk, which is taken in spread out over the course of the day.

2. SOLID

SOLID Banned Banned

I'd say forget flat bench though. If you only have limited time do incline it gives the pec a nicer shape.

3. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Pretty boy! :D

4. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Just a little fact about fat.

Since the poster wanted to add fat to his arms chest and other areas I don't remember and don't want to look up :) this should be mentioned.

Fat, like blood, is shared throughout the body. The fat will always go to the same place and usually, the male body likes its fat on the stomach first. That is why you get the belly. As you get fatter, the fat will spread to your legs and such areas, but you cannot control where it goes. Imagine trying to make blood flow more to your arms then to your legs. Obviously, that cannot be done :)

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Course you can!!!!

Do a handstand, then stand up!!!!

:D

6. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Well, that effect is just temporarily. On a similar note, you can massage the fat to another location.

Better yet, you can inject yourself with fat straight into the muscle tissue.

It doesnt last :)

7. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Aha, so I will get a belly anyway? Best to keep on going then when the stomach gets bigger, instead of starving myself LOL (starving myself=eating normally)

Cheers

-Tob

8. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Yes, you should definately maintain a fat% at no less then 6 in my opinion, unless its for an important competition/beach trip/bodybuilder show.

If you do have 6+%, you should be working on the muscles.

Some people are naturally thinner then others, if you are one of those people, work on the weight issue and eat like you've never eaten before!

If you have an endless supply of cash, buy a "gainer" protein mix to take in once in the morning and once after a workout.

If you don't, then eat all the food you can possibly eat and do what yoda tells you. You'll gain both fat and muscle, a healthy mix :)