Gae Bek help

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Razgriz, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Need some advice please in gae Bek move 14 going from the low stance to the side kick. Dopes your left hand clasp or place on top of your right or neither .

Watched a couple of vids, and It seems to be getting done differently.

Writing on my iPhone sorry for grammar

Raz

2. naodwalk

naodwalk Valued Member

Tae Bek? It may vary from school to school, but from the C-Block when you perform the bow and arrow motion it's actually an uppercut with the left hand on top of your right. From the bow and arrow motion, the right hand is grabbing your opponent and pulling him/her into your punch and the left hand is punching.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Wrong pattern my man. :)

4. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

I'm sure it's gae Bek...... The bit were you cone from a low stance hand strike coming forward with a side kick

Raz

5. naodwalk

naodwalk Valued Member

So sorry, please disregard that last post as I confused palgwe 4 with tae bek. Even If I had given the appropriate pattern for this question, the information would have been wrong. Sorry.

6. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Lol np wasn't sure If I was talking sense or not.

I'm down at the inter services 12 hours from home so don't have my books!
    Raz

7. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

[​IMG]

14 - flat fingertip thrust (left)
    15 - flat fingertip thrust (right)
    16 - side kick mid section - on the pic i uploaded it says pulling both hands in opposite direction as you execute the kick

me personally i have been taught after move 15... left hand on top of right which has just performed the thrust and then pull and kick. Am sure there will be many ways, right and wrong lol.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

We have always been taught the hands should be close but not touching in a loose fist position. A bit like grasping an L shaped bit of metal (sort of) and to pull them across the body in the opposite direction to the kick. The picture in the Encyclopaedia above is a good representation showing the hands closed but not holding each other.

9. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Thanks for the replies, just back from the comp.

Raz

10. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

well.... how did it go?

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Yep, c'mon Raz, spill! :D

Mitch

12. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Our team , the RAF got Gold for Gae Bek :D

Raz

13. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

I got silver for sparring, I wrote about it in my TL.

But long and short of it was Silver medal, and iv damaged the tendon on my right knee so im out of action for 1-2 weeks..

UK Open on the 10th of November

Raz

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Congrats to you and the team Raz! Sorry to hear about your injury but not long till you're back in action :)

Mitch