Funny taiji video

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Dead_pool, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

taiji

Just wanted to share, no disrespeact meant.

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Disrespect for this sort of thing is perfectly warranted if they're trying to pass it off as legitimate! It certainly has no bearing on the normal students of Tai Chi or martial arts in general.

It's basically like Dillman and karate. Dillman appears to be a charlatan, doesn't disrespect karate if you call him that.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Exactly, its started off fine with a hip / arm connection drill then the chi booster must of started kicking in! You've got to wonder why people start acting like that?

Excellent demo by a Mr Derren Brown about this here:

Derren Brown - Kung Fu Mind Punch - Video

4. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

I beleive it would be disrespectfull not to LMAO at that ridiculous behaviour, Pffffwooaaaahh ha ha ha ha.... Theres no amount of certification bribery or printed money in the world to get me to act like those students!!!! You know these loyal students would have been promoted and rewarded for their performances, Cant believe the crowd werent more animated in laughter.
    Perhaps re-post with a Benny Hill soundtrack ROFL

5. Wuming

Wuming Bored

6. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Ooof, LOL He found out the hard way some of us dont play around. Lmao.
    While he gathers up his teeth i hope he learnt somethin :)

7. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

As for the projection of chi etc, Say you were on the other side of the room from someone you dont know, youve just entered the room and found a spot to stand (its crowded) and your settling now just looking around and this person from the otherside of the room catches your eye and motions for you to move left... we all probably internaly thought "**** off", Yet for a millisecond before that we just fleetingly considered moving left yeah?
    Well guess what, thats all it is folks, sorry, no hollywood blockbusta just energies and senses we take in to compute and produce results with...
    First vid, Assylum maybe?
    With the second vid i was waiting for a bonus card trick LOL
    The third was a lesson in reality for that guy LOL, guess the respect of his students flying all over the place at a wave of his hand eventually conned himself also LOLOLOL

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

All demo are 1/2 fake and 1/2 real. The fake part is your opponent will give you the opportunity. If your opponent just

- lies down on the ground, even you are the best throwing master on this planet, you cannot throw him.
    - runs like a rabbit, even you are the best striking master on this planet, you cannot hit him.

The real part is you have to finish it by your own skill. If your opponent not only give you the opportunity (1/2 fake), he also help you to finish it (the other 1/2 is also fake) then by definition, it's 100% fake demo

Have you ever experience thing like this in your life time? Have you ever been on the receiving side?

taiji

I just have a simple question. Why have we never seen any of such demo on a throwing dummy? The throwing dummy will stay there for you to do anything that you want to do (give you opportunity - 1/2 fake). The throwing dummy just cannot help you to finish your demo and you have to finish your demo all by yourself (1/2 real). If you can move human being without touching then you should be able to move a throwing dummy without touching by default.

Here is the throwing dummy that I'm talking about: http://johnswang.com/upper_circle_leg_block.wmv It's only 90 lbs in weight which is much lighter than an average human being of 180 lbs. I would be very interest to see anybody who can perform the same demo on a throwing dummy like that. Just to be honest. I have tried to move my throwing dummy without touching but I don't have any luck so far.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  9. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

No, thats impossible you see the person has to be open to persuasion, an object can not co-operate like this... To cut a long story short its a load of rubbish.
    It has been tested you know, even by governments to reach a conclusion on the subject for personal use..
    It is suggestion, not unlike a hypnotist/magician mindset.
    You need complete idiots to sell it to.... :)

10. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Yikes, that vid was so awful I'm almost wondering if it was an intentional parody of "chi force"! :D

11. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Re-Post them all with a Benny Hill soundtrack :)