Functional martial arts training

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dudelove, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore Valued Member

You have a valid point. It should worry someone like Ron that people can look at a picture like that and see no reason it should be a fake.

He has viewed this thread since I posted and has, apparently wisely, chosen not to respond. I'm going to put together a summary video specifically for folks here who have no inclination to slog through the playlist leading up to this point, as this thread has produced some of the most detailed versions of Ron's military history to date.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Just to alert you as well, since I'm not sure if you read earlier where I did so. I requested Ron's military records through an FOIA request so anything I come up with I'll be posting on here. I'm sure that should answer a lot of questions.

3. Phil Elmore

I would welcome that. Be advised that I believe the birthdate he posted at Ashida Kim's forum is not the birthdate that was listed at one point on his ex-girlfriend's MySpace page. On the Ashida Kim page he says it is 07/11/1980, but on his ex's MySpace page there were pictures from a birthday party time-stamped 6/11/2009.

4. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Phil, you need to meet Manga sometime. The mind boggles at what the two of you could find out together.

5. Phil Elmore

Thanks, Don.

I have completed my recap video. It contains all the salient points:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aprHQyobQ"]YouTube[/ame]

6. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Just a thought.

Did Kuma announce that he was going to do a FOIA request for Ron's records before Ron decided to come clean?

If so, it kind of makes it even more obvious that Ron was trying to explain things away before he got outed.

7. Phil Elmore

I believe that's exactly what happened. Kuma announced that he was working on an FOIA request on 14 May, 2010. Ron made his rather abrupt announcement that he had been lying about being "Force Recon" in the Marines on 22 May, 2010.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Thanks for the updated DOB. That's the correct one, I managed to verify it. Explains why I had no luck finding him before. Unfortunately that means I'll probably have to submit another FOIA request with the proper DOB.

9. Phil Elmore

May I ask how you verified it?

You have more experience with this sort of thing than do I; do you think an FOIA request will turn up anything without his SSN?

10. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Don't know about FOIA queries,but one can pay for the military records of anyone all the way back to and including vets of the American Revolution.

Not suggesting Kuma wishes to pay,just pointing out that SS #s help but aren't a neccesity-as many records were created prior to the advent of SS.

11. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Legally there's a number of sources law enforcement can use just to verify someone's ID without any need of probable cause or reasonable suspicion. I do have his SSN number now as well thanks to the updated DOB you provided.

You often have to pay for FOIA requests as well, but they're fairly cheap.

12. Phil Elmore

Kuma, would you be willing to email me that information so I may file a request of my own, or would that be improper? Will you be refiling using the SSN?

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I will be. However, I think sharing his SSN via email or a similar method might be a bit too much. If you wanted to, I'm sure the name and DOB will be adequate.

14. Phil Elmore

That's understandable. Yours has the better chance of success; I will await the results eagerly, but will probably file one of my own in parallel without the SSN just to see what it turns back.

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The more the merrier.

You may find this link valuable:

http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

16. Phil Elmore

Worryingly, Ron Collins recently posted at Ashida Kim's forum that he's running a "back alley" martial arts school where the [young, female, and sometimes underage] student base outnumbers the male student base three to one:

Given the allegations about him that have been aired in this thread I found this particular fantasy of his very alarming.

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Agreed.

Just so you know, the original FOIA request with the fake DOB was obviously unable to find any information but the second one with the correct DOB and SSN will.

18. Phil Elmore

I look forward to unraveling this particular mystery. Would you be willing to send me a photocopy of the results, even if you have to redact the SSN, if I send you a SASE?

19. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I can do better than that, I'll just scan and email.

20. Phil Elmore