Fujita Seiko?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Tommywilley84, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Tommywilley84

Tommywilley84 New Member

Recently bought Don Roleys English translation of Fujita Seiko's "Secrets Of Koga Ninjutsu" . Very excellent read so far. Anyways, it made me curious as to is there any movies or documentaries out there about him? The little I know of him he seemed like a genius and an absolute mad man. From what I can tell there are no American films about him whatsoever but how about as far as Japanese cinema is concerned?

2. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

As per Stephen Turnbull's revisionist Ninja: unmasking the myth (2017):

There apparently was a clip entitled 'Demonstration by Fujita Seiko' the last Ninja specially arranged for Bernard Leach (Marty Gross Film productions: the Mingei Film Archive project, Toronto)

Bernard Leach was a studio Potter and Art Teacher. His meeting with Seiko is detailed in his book 1985: Beyond East and West: Memoirs, Portraits and Essays. (New edition, London: Faber and Faber -September 1985),

Seiko also gave an interview to newsweek in 1964 at the height of the ninja boom.

It must be stressed that most of what Fujita Seiko he himself displayed as Ninjutsu was ascetic training rather than spycraft techniques.

Tommywilley84 likes this.
  3. Tommywilley84

Tommywilley84 New Member

Thank you very much