Fujii vs Frausto...ooey

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Microlamia, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

2. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Y'know I have to admit when I looked this up on Sherdog I wasn't thinking, "damn! Megumi go upset." I was thinking, "Ughh, that's girls face if so *bleep*"

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Frausto-Surprised-Fuji-Stood-and-Traded-2706

There's the link. I actually couldn't stomach to sit through the interview so I didn't see past the first 10 sec.

In principle I'm for women's MMA cuz I believe chicks got a right to do what they want.

But man I gotta say I am not comfortable with seeing chicks looking smashed up like that which is goina happen in a full contact sport.

4. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Just for you pitfighter....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXPI65mZb0"]YouTube - mma injury[/ame]

how is this different to

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9avT0e5KPPU"]YouTube - Cage fighter gets his leg broken[/ame]

?

5. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

I am a little surprised by the outcome. However, that is why they play the game!

6. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Me too it seemed odd that Frausto won when she spent most of that fight backed against the cage wall. ?

Plus her face was a mess and Megamegu didn't show any damage..

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Oh gimme a break. I've seen both of those clips. I saw the fight with Rosi Sexton and that Japanese fighter when Bodog was televised. The broken leg was so gruesome I almost stopped watching women's MMA. I gave it another chance and have enjoyed most of the fights since primarily Cyborg's and Carano's fights and a handful of fights from the now defunct Bodog fights and strikeforce.

And honestly seeing two dudes get smashed up really doesn't bother me all that much.

It's a matter of upbringing. I was raised to respect individual rights so like I said before women have just as much a right to pursue full contact sports.

But I was also raised not to hit women so seeing women physically battered regardless of why is unsettling.

If your comfortable with it fine but I don't know why this sentiment surprises you. I'm sure most men have mixed feelings about women in full contact anything.

I'm sorry I diverted from the match analysis but as soon as I saw the results in that interview my stomach turned.

8. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Maybe I'm just from a different mental world. Where women are simply people - not some sort of special class who need extra care and protection.

Your viewpoint honestly perplexes me. I cannot for the life of me understand why you are freaked out by a woman pounding the snot out of another woman her own size and strength and getting pounded back, but not a man.

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

not much of a pitfighter if you away from violence so much, ain't ya?

10. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Lame just cuz you guys keep thanking each other's posts don't really make them better points. :p

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you're just jealous :p

12. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I have to defend Pitfighter here. He is not saying that women shouldn't do MMA, he is saying that seeing a woman all bloody and beat up makes him uncomfortable. Well I know where he is coming from, because it makes me uncomfortable too and I'm a woman who has been doing martial arts for 20 odd years.

I enjoy fighting and training, but seeing a female as beat up as that makes me feel odd, probably because society has conditioned me to think of that sort of bruising on women is a result of someone attacking her (e.g. in a domestic violence scenario). Until women in combat sports is more common (boxing in the Olympics will hopefully help) you can't really blame people for feeling uncomfortable when looking at some of those images.

Pitfighter is a product of social conditioning and I think it it actually quite brave of him to admit that women getting beaten up makes him uncomfortable. He has already admitted that he has watched and enjoyed women's MMA, so attacking him is unfair because he is not suggesting women shouldn't fight and should spend all their time doing knitting and cooking.

13. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Yeah fair point, I should have been more understanding.

I'm 20, I don't come from the 'women are frail little dolls' era. Some people though have been raised with ridiculous beliefs like even if a woman slaps you you can't do anything back...yeek..