From the Hombu/Ayase Class Admin.

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by CandyCaneShinai, Jul 14, 2006.

1. CandyCaneShinai

CandyCaneShinai Valued Member

From George Ohashi
    Tuesday, July 11th.

"Soon after I started making announcements at the end of the Ayase class today, a lot of people ignored me, stood up, walked around and started chatting with others. Such a behavior is considered very rude in this country (especially in the Budo field) even if not in some other countries. At least I and the translator were offended and disgusted this time. I make announcements on important things at the end of each class (when all the people are still sitting there) because that is the best timing to do so. If you cannot keep listening to me carefully just for half a minute, please don't come to the class. At least keep silent for all the others! Or shouldn't I make any more announcements in the Dojo?"

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

He's right. If you don't have the decency to listen to what's being said, then you probably shouldn't have come to start with.

3. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

I'll be there in October, and I wouldn't dream of being so ignorant :(
    Good manners don't cost anything.

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Somtimes it seems that students visiting Japan forget to pack their common sense and manners.

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

was it Americans??? :D

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Why would people ignore in a blatant manner such as that? I wonder if people are in a rush to go to the gaijin bars to ignore important announcements.

7. CandyCaneShinai

CandyCaneShinai Valued Member

Let's use this as a warning and a lesson for us all in the future.
    Who did it isn't really important. What's important is who won't be doing it in the future. (The good guys)

Pass the word to students: Be polite in the dojo, every dojo. You never know who's watching...

8. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

You know sometimes you can actually tell people before the event and they still do it..thats when i think a whack round the head would cut through any language or cultural difficulty.

:)

9. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

what was the announcement? Was it news to all involved? was it something that they couldn't find on his website? Is it an important announcement that I should inquire as to what it was, because I failed to make it to Ayase.

10. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

My recent trips to Ayase seems to point to people who do not speak English as a native language as some of the biggest offenders. I guess they don't think that they can understand what is being said anyways, so why bother let those of us that want to know what is going on hear anything. :woo: