From the Family of Noah (of Noah's Ark fame) comes modern kung fu and karate

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by lin kwei zhiing, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Tigger to me looks like a guard puller. Both feet always up in the air and bouncing on his butt.

hewho and bassai like this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

He could pull guard with four points of contact, and still disengage for a shot/standup!

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

all while Tigger sings......

I mean, how can anyone defeat that

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

With a head made out of rubber he has a lot of protection from punches and kicks. They just bounce off.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Flying Crane

I wonder if Tigger style is something that can be taught to students, or is Tigger just one of those uniquely gifted fellows that nobody can emulate? The most wonderful thing about him after all, is that he is the only one. Maybe there is no teachable methodology there.

Tom bayley and Dead_pool like this.
  6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

What a load of garbage.

And what a laugh about Black Tiger.Hark Fu Mon is a fairly recent system from the 1800s. So Nimrod is the forefather of a system developed around 5- 4000+ years after his time. Riiiight.

You have less historical backing for these ideas than the fantasy junk constantly put forth about the Shaolin Temple.

Wu Tang is dedicated to his teachings,eh?-----they worship Elohim there? I think not.

Nice little chart you show above. Too bad it's totally meaningless and actually shows nothing.

So here's bit o' what it says on Amazon-"His passion is ancient history. As a Genesis researcher and martial coach with over 40 years of experience, he found that many Bible-believing practitioners do not have an adequate “defense of the faith” when it comes to dealing with the martial ways and lores that today are dominated by Evolutionism and Mysticism.Hence, MNArk defines the Creation-based Genesis perspective on the Mars Arts and offers biblical martial strategists in this, their respective field of “martial calling,” unique and penetrating insights into the martial cosmos–the histories and fables that comprise today’s popular martial arts."

Martial ways and lores dominated by "Evolutionism"? Huh? The only "evolutionism" I'm aware of in MAs is simply how systems evolve over time. And all those strip mall karate schools-real hotbeds of mysticism.I'm sure the Judo and TKD Olympians are also well steeped in it.

I do appreciate how "MNArk defines the Creation-based Genesis perspective on the Mars Arts"- defines and CREATES would be more accurate as heretofore there was no "Creation-based Genesis perspective on the Mars Arts" that needed defining that I've ever heard of nor discerned in Genesis. But it's common to use the Bible as a great source for picking things from here and there to somehow support ones position-on almost anything. But hey,we all already know all MAs in the world come from ancient Egypt because.....oh,yeah-because there are painting of people wrestling,boxing,etc.Which proves that all MAs descend from there. Riiiight.

What the heck is a "biblical martial strategist" ?- sounds like a general to me. One of David's Mighty Men,perchance?

I prefer my "mind-sword" to have a foundation in reality. Which I don't see in your concept of "the teachings of the great Martial Innovator Christ". Really? Well perhaps if one accepts the hypothesis that one of the Dead Sea Scrolls shows that rather than the Prince of Peace he was a Zealot. But I don't see anyhing in the Gospels or the companion writings to show this "great Martial Innovator Christ"-no doubt my reading of The Book is too shallow to recognize these depths.

I don't need to,nor would I waste time reading your book.I've been reading MA histories for the last 40+ years and history in general for longer than that.BTW,ancient history is my passion too since I was 7-but I try not to let my preconceptions or wishes influence or create conclusions.

Your stuff doesn't even cut it as an enjoyable thought provoker.

Tho' it does show once again that certain people - Mongoloid Asiatic peoples,to be precise-can't develop things themselves without help from Western peoples.

Not unlike how Mormonism supports an assumption that these naked savages of the Americas couldn't POSSIBLY have built cities and created civilizations without the help of the Chosen People.

Your work,unintentionally or not reinforces this prejudice.

Mangosteen, Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  7. lin kwei zhiing

lin kwei zhiing New Member

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

So......was there a purpose to quoting my post without replying?

9. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I once met a silat practitioner who said that Moses was taught Silat by an angel.

"Fair do's" I said. I mean I wasn't their right? So it could have been true.

10. Flying Crane

I don’t entertain that as in any way a possibility.

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Had to post this, it's sort of relevant to this topic.

12. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Sure. Next you'll dispute that my ancestors on The Emerald Isle created T'ai Chi Ch'uan.

Flying Crane likes this.
  13. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

He went on to say that this angel was some sort of nature spirit. This neatly squared the circle of being a Muslim and believing in animism. I am neither a Muslim, nor an animist. I have not met Jhona personally nor have I met any one who has. I am happy to take his statements under advisement. Pretty interesting stuff !!

14. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

@mods, the OP is repeatedly messaging folk about this, and it's all rather tedious. Is there any chance you could stop that?

Thanks in advance

Xue Sheng likes this.
  15. Xue Sheng

Yes, and I am one of those he is PMing and harrassing, even after I told him to stop

Shmook likes this.
  16. Xue Sheng

as a long time practitioner of Taijiquan, I find this ridiculous and insulting....every Taijiquan person knows it originated in Norway...albeit by Irish that were kidnapped by Vikings

Dan Bian likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

18. lin kwei zhiing

share this w/ all please : I believe I’ve identified...

Jam notatus praesto contextus aliorsum glossematis:
    “I am not responsible for your interpretation of my context.”

I started studying this phenomenon at 17 I'm 62 now. that's 45 years or so. no insult intended. study 'stultify,' process, means to be educated to be stupid a step at a time.
    blame it the modern media sounds pretty damn deliberate-strategic who's pulling your strings kid? best wishes. and some of us live in poverty that's why the publishing bit

19. lin kwei zhiing

what were the vikings doing in Minnesota around 1200 or so see Kensington runestone. maybe they were playing football

20. Dead_pool

I'm sorry you have that problem, but spamming your "work" here isn't going to get you anymore sales.

Although if you even get one believer, you could probably get them to buy the entire series, have you thought about numbering them vol 1, vol 2 etc, it's a easy marketing trick that makes people keep on buying the volumes, so they can get the entire set.