friday night training

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tel, Apr 27, 2006.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

how many people train on a friday night?

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

sometimes when i go to honbu to train. I normally work on a friday night though. Found it makes no difference to my social life.

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You're joking, right?

Friday night is beer night.

It's what separates us from the animals.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  4. Yeah but it's because of all the equipment I have. I've got a party tomorrow night while my parents are away, and I guarantee we'll all end up drunk in the garden punching the BOB, watching idiots hurt their fists trying to break my focus boards, making fun of whoever was stupid enough to attempt to use my nunchaku and being laughed at by the sober females.

Does that count as training?

5. bonita

bonita Valued Member

used to train on fridays--one of the best classes of the week! i now train on saturday mornings---again good class--not a lot of students so you get to cover more stuff

6. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

Yip Friday night is weapons only till 8 then its chill time...

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

moi (if im not going out somewhere)

8. Deedum

Deedum Valued Member

Were just about to start Friday night training, certainly beats our current Sunday night training.

And hopefully home soon enough for a beer :D

9. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

my attendence on friday nights is prob better than anyone in eather Dojang. we used to have sparring class fridays but they moved it to sundays now. the TKD school tests the 2nd friday of every month.

10. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

I used to train every Friday, one of the best classes.

11. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

We don't do friday night classes , but my class runs on a sunday , todays was very quiet (4 students) :eek:

12. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

i actually like quiet classes, it means i get my sifu almost to myself :D

13. S'Ra'Do

S'Ra'Do New Member

Friday night training will kill your social life, I would know. Anyhow I train/work at my dojang on friday nights. Work through the afternoon, do a sparring class, watch the blackbelts then do another "elite" (aka tourney team) sparring thing. Clean the dojang and go home

14. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

:cool: what social life

everything i do evolves around MA, even going out.

We had john Spazzano at our academy this weekend, we all went out for a drink, that is the social life :D

15. Deedum

Deedum Valued Member

Well for me it will certainly not kill my Friday night, and is a better day than Sunday evening to train

16. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Id be careful of what you make available to your friends when they have had a gut full of grog. If things go wrong it could end up being a night everyone will regret. Im all for a good time, but grog, tostesterone and MA weapons would not be a favourable mix in most peoples eyes. ;)

17. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I usually train Friday morning so I can go hard clubbing from Friday till Sunday :D.

18. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

all you folks in the UK shol dfind friday night training easier since they extended pub hours.. should have time for both these days

here in miami people (not tourists) do not leave teh house for dinner until 9-11PM. many clubs do not open till 1AM. Pleanty of time to train, shower, eat, and go out

saturday.. saturday is another story ;)

19. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I train every Friday! :Angel:

20. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Is there supposed to be a poll?

Friday nights have always been difficult to get people training despite the fact you can go out after training.