[Freestyle/Sporting MA] Is it possible to chamber against a good wrestler?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by STASH, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Ahhh "Go for the throat" :D

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Hmm, what else do we have.

Carpe oculum's nice.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread now.

3. Cain

Cain New Member

Hmm.....but I feel that I think I should get more of a solid base in the art I am learning, by that time I will just stick to my running theory :D

|Cain|

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

cain wrestling is totally different ball game...go to any local akakhra n u'll hav lots of fun...
    only to cain :
    lekin beta langot pahan ke karna padega :D :p
    -TkdWarrior-

5. Cain

Cain New Member

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Mere size ka langot milega ki nahi mujhe bata nahin kyonki mere kammar ke size se woh gir jayega :D :D

|Cain|

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

lol nop it comes in all sizes :D ;)
    to cain only:
    agar gira tooooo....chaddi pahna allow nahi karte pahalwan :D shame shame :p
    -TkdWarrior-

7. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL!!!!

Oh brother somehow I hv the feeling I am going to hv a really bad time wrestling :D

|Cain|

8. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

;) :D
    LoL
    -TkdWarrior-

9. AllOutWar

AllOutWar New Member

STASH

"I would rather sacrifice power then get taken down, any thoughts?"

That is 110% correct it would be better to fire off 5 or 6 strikes than 1or 2 slower strikes that would only be a slight percentage stronger. When in actulity those 2 slower strikes may not connect and even if they did would not do as much damage as the 5 or 6.
    In most cases not all before somone bites my head off, a good wrestler is only that 1 dimensional! they just want to ground and pound knowing that you need to throw them off their game. You really didn't need to ask any questions you got it right with a good sprawl knees and strikes = a dead wrestler.In a scenario where you do go to the ground a stong guard will increase your chance of survival. I don't see BJJ as a realistic way to defend yourself on the steets but in comp. or fight club as i've read you mentioned it is exellent. Before a BJJ master gets all worked up i say that cuz most people aren't gonna stand there while you rip someones arm off. they will put there boots to your head! Waiting for a wretler to shoot and cathing them with a knee is curtains. Maybe they'll think twice about shooting ever again

10. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Kicking can be good but you need to stick and move

Look at Igor Vovchenchin

Nick Nutter - mullered every time
    Top Gracie Jujitsu guys - mullered every time

He covers the shoot with a good sprawl and capitalises on his position.

He is I feel the best allround fighter as he has had so many MMA fights and an outstanding track record.

Check this out

http://www.vovchanchyn.kharkov-ua.com/career/career.htm

He has been a bit of the boil and a long standing injury but he is a world class fighter with a record that backs it up!

SONSHU

11. jejanim

jejanim New Member

i say...if you arent quick nuff to kick him b 4 he engages you, take a vale tudo approach and go to the ground. submission is possible. wrestlers are good on the ground but you know what to expect..*ground n pound*. so..maybe set up for a triangle or use those flailing arms and twist him into a kamura.

jeja

12. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Going back to the original topic; while chambering a kick may not be my first choice against a good wrestler, I have made it work. Stick and move is the name of the game or more precisely, set point control and angles of attack/clock principle. For those not familiar w/ this, think matador. Don't let your opponent set and step back at angles((4 or 8 o'clock) and fire from a high chamber. As far as a wrestler having you face down, man, you really messed up to find yourself here. There is a way out, however. Reach back and horsebite the leg "juntion box'(nerve center used in CDT) to leverage them off you and switch to mount on top of them while maintaining hold on leg. When I first encountered this, I was amazed at how simple it was and how well it hurt...er, worked.

13. hanakuso

hanakuso Banned Banned

and enjoy your broken arm

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLES ELBOW??????

:Angel:

15. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Chambering your kicks against a wrestler? I highly doubt it.

Learn to kick UNCHAMBERED. Much more fast and powerful.

Elbows to stop a shoot? Pretty much a non option, especially if you use those stiff, closed fist karate elbows. If he shoots he is BELOW the range of your elbows. You MUST sprawl or level change first. Elbows are best done from a clinch.

16. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Very good kickers chamber their legs. You can hardlysee it though.

17. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Diesel noi...vanderlei silva...maurice smith...crocop...all very good kickers who do NOT chamber their kicks.

18. matreyia

matreyia New Member

right.

You are correct in this observation.

19. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

That's traditional Muay Thai style like the Muay Thai Roundhouse with no chambering but they snap it back.

20. matreyia

matreyia New Member

OOps, didn't mean to confuse you since you are the person that had that long discussion about takedowns with me. In this post, I mean that I agree with your observation that one should learn to kick unchambered because of it's speed advantages.

And it is very difficult to stop a takedown with elbows because of the attack against your center of gravity, but still not impossible.

Now as long as we are just talking about elbows, I can see your point. But once we start talking about palms, or fists, that's different can of worms. At that, I will stop writing because I don't want to repeat our last discussion. Best wishes.

Viet