Freestyle push hands vid

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by airweaver, Aug 12, 2012.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_tPtkapyWw"]Freestyle tai chi push hands - YouTube[/ame]

This is an old video of me and a mate pushing. :) We would go like this for hours. We both have our eyes closed in this vid.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

Before anything. Good on you for posting a vid. =)

then
    lighting my friend. i cant see whats going on. all i can tell is that a bald guy and a long haired girl doing the waltz. =)

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

I hope nowadays you use sleep masks so you can keep your eyes open. There's a reason for that method.

Sleep masks-available at most major pharmacies and S&M establishments.

4. emptycupoftea

emptycupoftea Valued Member

This is my observation but first my caveat:

I can not see what is being done too well due to light issues nor am I there so I can only give an opinion based on the video in its present state.

With that said, I am unsure if this is more of a relaxed, friendly exchange than serious committed Tuishou. To me I see alot of force being used in order to move each other instead of more yielding, I do not see much rooting or sinking but maybe it is you guys or just the lighting is unclear.

In some cases I see some good principles in which your opponent is off balance this goes for both long and shaved hair.

If I had to guess on the level of experience of both I guess maybe 1-3years.