Forearms

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gray, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Gray

Gray New Member

Hey all. I'll get right down to it; I'm looking for advice/exercises on strengthening/building my forearms. If anyone can share anything with me, it'd be much appreciated. Perhaps post whatever exercises you use. Or not. I just want to know some. :D

2. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

3. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

4. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

One of my training partners uses fairly light dumbells in each hand and does lots of reps (rather than a few reps witha lot of weight)

Also stretching your hands in front of you and circling the wrists seem to build muscle in the forearms

5. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

6. Hedgehog Ninja

Hedgehog Ninja New Member

^ what he said - I ordered one of their CoC hand strengthener grippers and it's a beaut! :)

7. Combatant

I highly reccomend Kenwen for all your CoC needs! :D

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Pretty much two of the worst ways of building strength and size in the forearms!

Anything heavy like deadlifts, farmers walks, dead hangs from a chin/thick chin bar, CoC grippers, pinch gripping, sledgehammer levers etc.

Basically, ironmind.com :D

9. Combatant

Keep it simple :D

10. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Powerballs are fun too...

11. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

12. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Build a box, fill it full of sand, clay and stones, then extend out your fingers into it and claw them back again - fantastic, and also builds the 'all the too often forgotten' antagonisers to pretty much all grip strength types.

13. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

Thanks for mentioning the Powerball! I had never heard of one before... but I now have one on the way!! I think it looks like a great tool to use to help strengthen my hands... and my wrists!! Now I will be impatiently waiting for it to arrive! :)

14. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

There's an interesting thread here on the site for powerballs. Worth the read while you are waiting for it. I ordered mine through the Canadian distributor on a Monday afternoon, paid with paypal and it was at my door on Wednesday after work. :D

15. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

Can I ask who you ordered it through?

16. Gray

Gray New Member

Thanks all for the replies so far. Hmm... I guess I'll be gettin' me a gripper thingy soon. I'll check out a health and fitness place in my area.

17. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

18. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

Thats where mine is coming from too!

19. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

20. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Stretch your forearms alot as well, increased ROM will mean you can apply more force. Twist the hand and strech the fingers and wrist.