Forearm Rehab

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Pkhamidar2com, May 25, 2012.

1. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Hello

So about a month or two ago, i had pain in my forearm (more information on that later).

I assumed that going to the doctors would only results in me being sent away to rest, so to prevent the wasted effort i rested my forearm, did heat and ice treatment. In general, initially RICE then moved onto MEAT.

After a while i realized it was not healing so i decided its time to visit the doctor. She prescribed me with Anti Inflammatory called Naproxen, i have been on that for 2 weeks.

I was told that if after two weeks the pain still remains intense then i should go back and see the physio, otherwise i should be fine to slowly return to my workouts.

It is the end of that 2 week period, and i am wondering how to go about returning to my workouts. The pain has dramatically reduced. (also SMR on forearm helped a great deal too)

She didn't state how i should return other than keep it light and to increase resistance slowly, and if pain returns then to see physio.

In any case, i was wondering any of you here knew how i should go about returning in terms of my forearm? Should i focus on training my grip? Forearm flexors or extensors? Or should I return to my workouts as normal but start off with light weights with a slow increase?

Thank you

-Extra Information About the Pain if Necessary-

Pain located in the middle of the forearm on the bone of the ulna. I have a suspicion that it is forearm tendonitis although that is my assumption and not the doctors diagnosis.

Only occurs during suppination exercises. A test that i do to reveal presence of pain is i will take the hand of the injured forearm, stand up and tense my glute, then press my glute with the fingers of that hand (especially the pinkie and ring). When releasing tension i will feel the pain.

Also if i would touch the area where the pain is felt i will feel the pain too.

At the present moment touching any area of the forearm results in no pain, and doing the test stated above brings no pain. So hopefully it has healed :)