forbidden kingdom

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by psbn matt, Mar 29, 2008.

1. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

2. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

Yea, that movie looks pretty good. All-Star cast! Though, I read somewhere it won't be AS action packed, and more focus on story will be given. Either way, I'm gonna se it.

3. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

looks good. it'll be good to see jackie chan do a fairly serious martial arts film, instead of his lame comedy ones!

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Does anybody else find it ironic that they make all the Chinese people speak English when there's only one non-Chinese guy in the movie?

5. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

it's all about who they're making the movie for.

6. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

I'm excited for this movie. Been wanting to see a jet li/ jackie chan movie for a long time. I do hope it turns out well.

7. M-Col

M-Col New Member

This looks like it's going to be good fun. Can't wait for it to come out.

8. Nii

Nii Valued Member

Jackie Chan vs Jet Li! But I wish it was a Chinese movie though... I don't mean to sound discriminatory, but something about a white guy going to a Chinese kingdom, mastering a martial art in record time, and (possible) taking the Asian girl makes the desired target audience a little too obvious.

Maybe they'll make another Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie in the future, with them actually being the main characters.

9. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

Just a few more days guys and its here. I always wanted to see jet li and jackie chan in a movie. and here is my wish :)

10. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Anyone else enjoy this movie as much as I did? :cool:

11. nosaj6618

nosaj6618 New Member

yeaH I did enjoyed its good... atleast the fightsssssssss:woo:

12. ember

ember Valued Member

I really enjoyed it. Made us wish our staffs weren't in storage. I WANT TO PRACTICE STAFF SPARRING, darnit :)

13. Nii

Nii Valued Member

Why are they in storage. Just take it out :rolleyes:

14. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

it was a good movie, i watched in before it came out at a preview and with my wife the following weekend. i plan on buying it on dvd when it comes out.

15. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

I plan on watching it soon. Torn between which to watch first. Redbelt or Forbidden Kingdom.

16. I have to say, I really didn't enjoy it that much.
    The fight scenes were good, but it is a shame that we have had to wait till this moment in time to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the same film. It is safe to say that they have both made better movies individually, and were they to have been at their peak, this could have been something amazing.

17. ember

ember Valued Member

Because I'm halfway through a corporate relocation, and the moving company has them in a warehouse somewhere.

18. kombatmaster777

kombatmaster777 Valued Member

it could have been written better, but the fights were
    awesome. Loved the part where he peed on Jackie lol.

19. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Dances with Dim Sum. More Hollywood racism.

20. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Yeah it made me gag. How many times does the general public have to hear "be like water" and the term "buddah palm" before they gag as well?