For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

its just common sense.its all depends on millions of things.waste of time to getting into it.and i am not really interested indeed.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Put it this way - if your stance is incorrect your punch lacks the proper power and chances are will achieve very little beyond irritating the opponent

Triple that effect for any "dirty" tactics on the ground that do not have a correct grappling base or mechanic. As February has said, and as I did above it really is very, very silly to argue otherwise

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

LOL my arm bar from mount consists of heel stomping the guy in the nose as i land it.
    even if he bites my leg thats over his face, i'll break his arm and move back to mount and gouge HIS eyes out to ensure he wont try anything silly anymore.
    Grapplers can play dirty too.
    Dirtier than many people realise

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hey man, I'm not gonna get involved in the whole JKD Concept vs Original, but seriously, the statement above is just wrong. The only way to fight a grappler is learning to grapple. No other way around it.

5. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

not arguing,just not interested in the whole grappling story.i am sure you have right though.is any chance to grab anything ll rip it off.

6. february

february Valued Member

Seriously, I recommend taking a month or so of BJJ, Judo, or wrestling. Do that and report back.

If you're going to argue a point, don't do it from a position of complete ignorance. It makes you look silly.

7. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

So stop Reguritating

Oh yeah My Ex gf had them! She was a Ballet dancer!

If its a grappler who is used to people sticking their finger in his eyes, elbows on his neck, getting head buttted as he enters anad considers the possiblity that I have a hidden knife...yeah I'm yet to meet one you are correct! I'm sure there are many though ... but that's irrelevant. this is about strategy. People who have zero Grappling and good energy sensitivity can counter even the best grapplers and I know this for a fact.

If you are going to regurgitate something make sure it makes sence to yourself first

Last I checked this little bad ass asian guy came up with an art called JKD that people have been mostly missled about thanks to all those "My JKD 15 d1ff3r3nt to h1s JKD" Cronies! he's been dead for 40 odd years and for some reason people think because of that his stuff is out of date and need upgrading like its a IBM Disk drive or something. Funnily enough all they needed to do is practice his few tools properly first in order to upgrade it to its full potential but somehow they dropped that bit out. Oh and his name was Junfan.

8. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

yeah right ! and The only way to fight against a swords man is with a sword. Unless I have a gun

9. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

Who said they can't?

10. february

february Valued Member

Huge flawed logic fail. Tell me you don't honestly believe what you just posted.

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well the point is that you don't have anything better than grappling to use. Certainly it doesn't have to be the same style of grappling. Chuck Liddell at the start of his career beat LOADS of BJJ blackbelts, because he was a really good wrestler and could keep it standing.

Wrestling is still grappling. Unless you have an actual gun.

12. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

ok.cheers.I can see you are in UK.I am happy to learn.
    ll contact you if you dont mind

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Now THAT is the attitude to take mon ami!

I'll give credit where it is due - good on ya!

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

stick it somewhere;)

15. february

february Valued Member

Fair play. I've responded to your pm, I hope you give it a try.

16. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Then you're not interested in fighting.

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I am sure you are grappler.i bet at least 15 years.

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

No, I'm primarily a standup guy.

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

if you are learning under carruthers i assume you are in scotland? i know a fair few places that are pretty amazing for grappling in this part of the woods if you're interested.

20. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

cheers mate,i am not keen to get that direction just as much I really need.we do train against in our group with various situation but ll get some time to see better grapplers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.