For the Sake of Clarification

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Vajrayana, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I like the military approach. You start off with great conditioning and then add a large serving of aggression and fighting spirit. Any technique on top of that is just icing on the cake.

You know the Viking Berserker approach.

Ahh, the good old days.

2. Mharewood

Mharewood Valued Member

You only teach Junfan as a novelty, trivia, or as a triibute to Bruce because that is how it was taught to you... not because you understand that those tools are the most sensibly selected tools to do the job! ...
    that they must be drilled and tested in as many ways as possible. that is the only way you understand that JKD is a complete art.
    TO SAY "JKD IS INCOMPLETE" IS AS STUPID AS SAYING A QUARTET IS AN INCOMPLETE BAND. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A SONG IS DOWN TO HOW ITS PERFORMED AND HOW IT RESONATES WITH THE AUDIENCE! NOT IN HOW NEW IT IS, OR HOW MANY INTRUMENTALIST AND VOCALISTS IT HAS OR HOW COMPLEX IT IS.
    UNLESS OFCOURSE YOU HAVE A BUSINESS AGENDA . A MARTIAL ARTS BUFFET FOR ALL. LIKE MOST CONcepts guys do.

JKD is a complete art..... If you teach it under the name of "Junfan" then I reckon that you just teach it for the sake of preservation. the best way to kill an art is to preserve it just for preservation sake....and that's what I found many PFS guys do with JKD. They teach it as JunFAN because they don't know how to teach it as JKD. Then they justify the non jkd stuff as JKD by tagging the 5 ways of attack to it. complete nonesense! The 5 ways of attack was just bruces way of summizing how any trained / untrained human or animal will attack. the 5 ways of attack doesn't make you JKD. That's why you are not JKD even if you think that you teach it

and please stop going on about Inosanto. I told you before I judge his JKD on his JKD.
    His footwork makes him look like he moves like a truck! and this is a man that was near world class sprinter once. Ted wong on the other hand had footwork that made him look like he was floating on air even at very old age. he evolved with what bruce taught him internally not externally. I considered Ted more senior than Dan inosanto, Even back in the 70s Ted was considered more senior than Dan in JKD.. further proof that the certificates Bruce was handing out to people meant absolute bug all! he soon realised it was just like belts made to hold up your pants.

3. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

I got nine subs on one of the teachers on my second dumog session. I wasn't lucky, but I was six inches taller and three stone heavier then him. Helped that his grappling wasn't his strength. This is the thing, isolated incidents can mean more or less anything, it depends how much context you fill in.

Oh, and anyone advocated avoiding places with a high chances of violence inasmuch as is possible, is NEVER going to be considered foolish in my book. Just because you're prepared to do what you have to to protect yourself and other people, doesn't mean you can't do whatever you can to avoiding having to prove it.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Mharewood,

You're not saying anything substantive or useful anymore. Just throwing up vitriol, one post after another. You have your opinion, and that's fine. But the rhetoric is getting tired.

I'm locking this thread, perhaps temporarily depending on the final word of the Topic Moderator for JKD. May cooler heads prevail the next go round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.