football violence

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by marlow, Jun 12, 2016.

1. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

And what the hell is wrong with that braindead Russian politician egging those savages on?

2. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Your point?

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Russian ultra vs british 'oligan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

that's it's idiotic to specifically call out french police.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

"MMA Record: Yes Sky Plussed it" kills me every time.

6. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

French law enforcement are vastly ineffective for multiple reasons, most if not all not directly of their own doing:

- Underfunding.

- An unreasonnable wait-and-see political will and lack of quick action when it comes to dealing with street violence.

- Overwork. At the moment, they are covering strikes and protests against the El Khomri labor law, threats of Islamic terrorism and soccer Euro-related violence. Two nights ago an Islamic terrorist killed a 42 year old cop in front of his house, his girlfriend inside before pondering what to do with their 3 year old...streaming it all live on FB. The hospital where the dead police couple's 3 year old was admitted after his parents were murdered? It was vandalized the very next day during labor law protests.

- A general malaise and feeling of disgust within the law enforcement community toward a system that too often restrains their power and releases street criminals within 24 hours of their arrest.

You might have not seen the "zones de non-droit" - lawless zones - where cops get stoned if they dare come to close and criminals . I grew up in one. A childhood friend of mine is a CRS (republican riot control forces) and one of my cousins a member of the BAC (anti criminality brigade). Both say the same things: Their hands are tied.

Here is a glaring cultural difference.

US cop attacked:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhuDRrV9e8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhuDRrV9e8[/ame]

French cops attacked by radical leftists barely 3 weeks ago.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaceXOlkXw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaceXOlkXw[/ame]

The French government has lost control and authority over the population. Petty criminals aren't afraid of the cops, let alone the home bred Islamists , the various extreme groups like the radical left featured in the video above and the well-trained and coordinated - per French police reports - hooligans from Russia.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  7. Giovanni

it's idiotic to specifically call out the french police when these issues are happening world-wide.

forget even the decades of soccer hooliganism that has been going on. do i need to even remind people that the deadliest incidents in the history of world soccer have occurred because of english fans and/or english crowd-control.

but your solution is to allow the cops to use deadly force? cause that's working out great for america.

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You know, for a country living in fear of another terrorist attack, it really doesn't seem difficult to get flares and fireworks into a Euros match.

9. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

The "world" isn't concurrently dealing with all the issues I listed, France is. And you're missing the point: It's not about hooliganism specifically. It's about the ability of the French government - and by extension its police - to deal with violence. So I'll repeat: it's already ineffective dealing with home threats coming from disorganized troublemakers, let alone ready-for-action trained squads - wherever they might be from, hooligans or not. French cops ARE allowed to use deadly force. Until recently French cops where on the same level as citizens in regards to self defense i.e. no penal liability for usage of force as long as it is proportional to the threat. It was only three months ago that a new law extended firearm usage for law enforcement to public threats such as terrorists/mass shooters etc. The problem in America isn't cops using deadly force, it's untrained joes dealing street justice, the number of firearms in circulation and the ease with which they can be obtained. Don't want to get shot by a cop? Don't charge at him with a weapon. Novel idea, I know.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  10. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

That didn't happen during the Euro but 3 weeks ago during protests against a proposed labor law.

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I'm talking about today, and in several matches over the past week - flares (sometimes fired from flare guns) and fireworks have been set off in the stands of several stadiums -- how bad does your security have to be that this is happening repeatedly?

12. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Ah - Thought you were talking about the vid where rioters set a cop car on fire with a flare...

13. Giovanni

duly noted that you're advocating the murder of an obviously mentally ill person being gunned down for the crime of attacking a cop with the weapon of a...wait for it...flagpole.

and that the problem with the french police in your eyes, is they're too worried about repercussions before, i'm guessing, opening fire on anarchists.

i'm sure they all have it coming.

14. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

You viciously attack a cop - or anyone for that matter - you better expect some measures of retaliation after a fair warning. Note that that the French cop pulls his gun in the car before stepping out and people telling the attackers to stop off-camera.

I bet I can bash your head real good with a flagpole. Not even going to dignify the rest with an answer.

15. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

16. Giovanni

vandal equals murderer? got it. anything else you want to share?

did trayvon have it coming?

17. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

"Kill them all. For the Lord knoweth them that are His."

- Arnaud Amalric, 1209

Seems like a fine way to deal with all levels of crime and mental illness :rolleyes:

It always disappoints me when people take Judge Dredd as a blueprint for society, rather than a warning to it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  18. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

That's your take on what I said? Alrighty, then. When you have actual experience and knowledge of French culture, maybe we'll revisit. Until then, have yourself a great weekend.

19. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Just minutes ago with Croatia up 2-1 with a few minutes left, their fans starting throwing flares on the field and one blew up in the face of one of the field crew. European soccer fans are the worst.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He is not a mentally ill man at that point he is a legitimate threat with a weapon capable of inflicting serious damage - it isn't murder