Footbal (NFL) Sad News - RIP Bubba Smith

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ular Sawa, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Bubba Smith passed away. Football fans will recall that he was one of the greatest defensive players in the game. He played college ball for Michigan State in the 60s and is held in reverence by all Spartans including yours truly.

He was also a gentleman off the field. Movie fans may recall that Bubba played Officer Hightower in all the Police Academy movies.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtzjGOwDQSKrSkDLz9BTBldDubYF?slug=ap-obit-bubbasmith

RIP Big Guy....

2. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Rest in Peace.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

His footballing days were slightly before my time so I only know of him from the Police Academy movies. He starred in one of my fave scenes from the first movie where Mahoney offers to help Hightower learn to drive again, but he's too big for the car and he jokingly suggests they rip out the front seats and sit in the back. The next scene is Hightower ripping out the front seats so they can sit in the back.

Rest in peace man.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Rest in Peace Officer Hightower. I remember watching him as a child. He was a monster by the standards of the 70's. 6'8", 260 pounds, ate quarterbacks for snacks. When he finally won a superbowl (with Oakland I think???) he refused to wear his superbowl ring because he said he played so poorly he didn't deserve it.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

RIP Hightower