Foot cramps

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mark, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

I get these bad foot cramps everytime I go to Judo class. I can stop it by contracting against the cramp but it keeps coming back. the pain is on the inside of my foot between the heel and toes. Its very annoying, any ideas what I could do? Thanks.

Mark

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Stop wearing 6" stilletoe heels?

Sorry Mark, I couldn't resist ;)

Cramping can be do to with dehydration, so make sure you're drinking enough water. Try spending more time in bare feet if you can. Also try picking up small objects with your toes to strengthen the arches and give em a good old massage, even roll your feet over a pool ball, a glass coke bottle, or something similar.

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

If it is dehydration, then don't just drink water, put a drop of dilluting juice in it as you also need the salts and sugar.

Thanx

4. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

My feet used to cramp up as soon as I tried to force my toes down so I began to excersise them. Try to hold your foot in position till it cramps then pull it out. Do it over and over and gradually you will be able to hold your foot in the position indefinately

5. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try all of them. A friend of mine from Judo class said to eat some bananas too. Thanks again.

Mark

6. darlph

darlph New Member

Potassium? H2O? all good. Try doing some ankle and foot stretches every day. My leg calf used to cramp up in the middle of the night. I couldn't move my foot. I do the water and Potassium every day and also do leg stretches like calf stretches everyday. It has helped immensely!

7. Mark

Mark New Member

Do you know any other stretches than the calf stretch? I do calf stretches often but I don't know of any way to stretch the foot.