Food you love to hate!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Princess Haru, May 16, 2013.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I've been trying Cottage Cheese this week, and not between two slices of break and it's a bit of an acquired taste. If it wasn't for the high protein ratio I don't think I would bother. Mixed with banana and nuts, still hard going. Any suggestions? What virtuous foods do you love to hate?

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/15/2

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I've been told that cabbage is good for me, but I loathe the taste of it except in cole slaw and such. :p

3. benkei

benkei Valued Member

I'm totally with you on cottage cheese PH. Seriously, it looks like a tub of snot and has the mouthfeel of curdled snot. I gave up after eating it twice, I can find protein elsewhere!

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I had tried "butter milk" the 1st time 43 years ago when I came to US. I spitted it out and thought it was spoiled milk. Haven't try it since then.

Someone suggested me to try the "sauerkraut juice" in the morning. It's just not for me.

5. Princess Haru

It does seem that Cottage Cheese for all the benefits (high protein, low cholesterol) is only something to have occasionally, as the high sodium level doesn't feel so good on the stomach.

I read Savoy Cabbage is good, though has all the appeal of eating cardboard.

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Cottage Cheese is a bit of a turn off for me on aesthetic qualities, especially when it's runny. It is pretty decent to use on salads though, and I don't mind it if I'm eating it with a piece of fruit (ratio in mouth about 4 parts fruit, 1 part cottage cheese).

I don't really think I have a food I love to hate. Very rarely will you ever see me 'tasting' my food, I pretty much just inhale it. Not so good when the milk is expired, or when veggies are old because I end up scarfing down a couple bits/swallows and then get hit with the rancid aftertaste. At that point it's already too late : P.

7. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Marmite. The most odious substance known to man.

I think cottage cheese is great. When I was a teenager I used to sweeten it with pineapple chunks, but I'll happily eat it on its own.

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

This^! :)

Personally, I don't eat anything I don't like. There are plenty of healthy foods that I do like and I don't see the point of eating stuff I don't like just because it's supposed to be good for me.

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's fish with me. Tuna, cod or haddock is Ok either smoked or not but I'd love to be able to eat more, just it tastes of fish!

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I don't like fish because of the bones.
    Don't like the texture of mushrooms.
    Don't like nuts because you end up still eating them 10 minutes after you thought you'd finished.
    Don't eat any spicey food. Don't see the point in eating uncomfortable food.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Parsnips - Satan's vegetable

12. melbgoju

melbgoju Valued Member

Cauliflower. Plants are meant to be green, not white.

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

C'mon man...what sunday roast or Chrimbly dinner is complete without Cauli-cheese!?

14. Princess Haru

I don't like Brussels Sprouts, though have heard they are supposed to be good for you (in small quantities).

15. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Marmite isn't all bad. I wont eat in on toast, but a small amount can substantially improve gravy. As far as I am concerned, any food that can make gravy taste even better should not be completely shunned.

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Marmite is delicious, you're all wrong.

Apart from Kave's point about gravy, which is spot on, Marmite is great in gravy, stews etc.

And parsnips Hannibal? Roast parsnips are one of the greatest things on earth.

Quinoa is the thing I always fail with, never found a way to make it interesting.

Mitch

17. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I have one of the broadest palettes I know - I will literally eat anything. Being from the North I love tripe & black pudding. I also eat haggis when I can and used to love a try of cockles in the pub when I lived in Hull.....but for some reason i just cannot stomach parsnips. Nasty, vile taste

There is no logic to this, it just is what it is

And marmite is absolutley divine

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

God must hate you, sympathies.

Mitch ;)

19. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Food of the gods. Mashed, roast, fried... the dog even likes them raw.

20. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Peas - Pointless and stupid things.

Brussels sprouts - Vile and smelly.

Some fish, perch and cod spring to mind. Had perch the other night, tasted like rubber.

Salmiakki (Salty liquorice) - The worst offender. Whoever created that should have been drowned.

Last edited: May 16, 2013