Food Combining

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kat, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  2. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Wow Kat;

Some info on milk and peanut butter that I've never seen before. And I think that is the first time I've ever seen "Beaver" listed as a protein source.

3. Kat

Kat Valued Member

LOL Luckily we don't have beaver down under.But Kangaroo is not too bad.

4. r4bid

r4bid New Member

hmm the first link looked interesting but once I read why they think peanuts are banned from schools I decided it wasn't worth my time.

5. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Yeah, I didn't like the first link, but the 2. one was good :)

Reasons I didn't like the first link:
    1. It had something to sell at the end of the pages.
    2. It contradicted some of the stuff in the 2. better link
    3. It suggested Reflexology as a means of detecting problems in the colon. Reflexology in my opinion is a placebo. Irdiology: same.

The second link was both more scientific and practical to use. No one could follow the advices of the first link without having an endless supply of cash (where I live that is) or unless they live alone. What family would succumb to this madness ? :)

But it wasn't all bad: the stuff about chewing for a minute is good and valid and also some other stuff.

In no way is my opinion scientifically backed up, its just my opinion, if you like the first one better, go ahead :)

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

The first link was way too "alternative" IMO ... NO POPCORN OR PEANUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER ... then what do I wash my beer down with when I go to baseball games?? ;)

The food combining link was scary
    ...yuck I ain't taking that simple test!! ;)
    WHAT?? avoid drinking during or after meals???

some bizarre info....

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

The large intestine contains extensive colonies of bacteria, which break down the food. THe whole point is that the food rots.
    One word: stomach. It contains powerful acids and engages in hard contractile movements, pulverising the food. The mouth just breaks it down enough to pass through the oesophagus.

A couple of facts:

If food is left 'coating' any part of the intestine, don't worry, it will be scraped off soon enough.

Apes, our closest relatives, also favour a mix of carbohydrates and proteins e.g. chimpanzees eating meat usually eat a few leaves with it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  8. djhallib

djhallib Guest

I would like to tell you a little story about this little fact. :)

You may not want to hear/read/know this, if you don't, do not read on.

I was eating pizza the other day, with onions. It was quite good, and I was incredibly hungry, the first two slices I litterally swallowed whole with as little chewing as my patience allowed me.

The day after, I went to the toilet. What came out, was a mixture of whole slices of onions, sh*t (of course) and other partially digested stuff. Yes, the food passed my oesophagus quite easily, but the parts I didn't chew properly were not processed at all.

The stomach does not grind or pulverize the food, its mostly chemical and its moves only to "stir" the food, so to speak.

I have yet to perform the experiment mentioned, and I haven't had any problems suggesting that eating stuff together is bad. If I lived by myself and only ate by myself, I might try it for a week just to see, but its just not practical for experimenting with at the moment. :)

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I think I was rather too brash perhaps. I'm still open to suggestion on this one, but I'd suggest that a lot of diets really work just by forcing you to pay attention to what you eat.