FMA Inquiry

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Toki_Nakayama, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what types of FMA the Filipino military uses.

my limited experience is with Legaspi family Kuntao Silat. recently got word im going to Phillipines and being one of the resident martial artist in my unit, will be training with the Pinoy army in their combative style.

in the meantime, wanted to do some more reading this weekend on the history and needed some pointers/ recommendations. i asked my Pinoy Coworkers an they were like

"HUH?"......lol.

2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

That will depend on was section of the military you will be working with and which unit as a few systems teach within the armed forces of the Philippines.

4. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

thanks for the link. gonna be some fun reading. pekiti tirsia is almost a tongue twister.

we're gonna be working with the Pinoy army and marines. for the H2H , what i got in the brief was that it would be conducted by their SF. perhaps that will be shown in the reading

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Then you will probably be working with the PTK guys in the Marines. The Army have an Arnis team too based on Modern Arnis. Doce Pares also work with some sections of the military too.

Best regards

Pat