FMA disarms/stick by beltless

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Cannibal Bob, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hey Lucy/Pat,

Have to be quick here, I'm afraid.

Didn't mean to offend anybody (sorry if I did), I'm just trying to keep the DB discussion http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57953&page=5&pp=15

And the disarm discussion in this thread (I'm aware that there will be tangents and similarities, but such is life).

If you re-read my personal definition I said most of trapping wouldn't be grappling, as you don't take a grip. I must confess that I have a bee in my bonnet about the general assumption that grappling=rolling about on the floor.

But then differences of opinion are what make the world more interesting ;)

Sorry for the quickie reply.

Col

2. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

It may be, but to my mind it was also obvious that Formy was stating he had a different view & that this was where any confusion may be coming from

I don't recall anyone saying that, only attempting to keep a thread on track (this ones about disarms, not grappling at gatherings. Admittedly I did jump back in on the grappling discussion. Formy's post was aimed at much as me as you :eek: )

no, we were both politely asked to keep the thread on topic after it had been split

sorry but I didn't want to discuss it in that much detail, theres a difference

Please feel free to discuss all you want. As I've said already on this forum & in person, I've nothing but the utmost repect for your opinion. Discussions I've had with you & Pat have always had very positive influences on the way I look at my training.
    We only ask that threads stay on topic (remember, Formy's post was aimed at more than one person)

I'm sorry & a little hurt you feel that way. This is not the case

Granted, but the discussion was getting a bit circular. I feel Freeform was quite right in trying to get it onto new ground.

And I apologise if a miscommunication of what is considered grappling, along with limited exposure to Eskrido has caused you offence.

PS
    I'm guessing you meant "don't fret" earlier ;)

3. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

No I deffinately felt you were intending harm...he he :D . I can't spell :Angel: in my old age.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

4. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I've been hit in the head many times,

But even I'm not dumb enought to intend you harm Lucy ;)