fluoride

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by booksie_girl, Sep 17, 2004.

?

What is your opinion on fluoride?

1. Good

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Good, but it shouldn't be in our water

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't care

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

I've been doing a huge research assignment on fluoride and teeth for chemistry. I had to do a response to stimulus in exams, and have an assignment due after the holidays. Anyway, what it means is that I've spent more hours than I can count reading up conflicting (and often severely contradictory) information. The debate over it is huge. Anyway, after reading as much as I have, I'm curious about the general opinion. Good, bad or in-between?

2. Rev

Rev New Member

I've voted good, but it is down to the dosage used. You've got to balance the state of peoples teeth against the increased risk of osteoperosis (sp?).

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

It's been proven to do much much much more good than harm when used sensibly.

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

better off with Flourine in my opinion :D :D :D :D

5. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I rinse with it at the dentist, and used to at home as we were on well water, and having just been switched over to an actual water line, I'm unsure of the contents of it. Beats arsenic IMO [​IMG]

6. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

I can only post anectdotal evidence, but I am one of 8 brothers and sisters. 4 of us were born in Portland Oregon and had Flouride in the water for about 2-6 years, depending on the child. We then moved accross the river into Vancouver and went on well water. It was amazing the difference in the number of cavities between the first four siblings and the last 4. This of course could have been attributed to other factors, but it seems to be a fairly large coincidence.

7. firesprite

firesprite Irate Pirate

Good - in hawkes bay (think mid north island) they ended up puting fluride in the water coz they were one of the places that didn't have it in the water, and had the worst teeth :D <-- see no cavaties.