Flu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by craigwarren, Oct 15, 2003.

1. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

hey, right now im stuck at home with a pretty bad case of the flu. I was wondering if anyone around has a good home remady for the flu.

I've had it for about 3 days now and i've only just been able to get out of bed today. Please help, this is unbearable.

2. snake_vs_crane

snake_vs_crane Valued Member

green tea actually does wonders for your sinuses when you have a cold, make it REALLY strong ;)

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Zinc, Vitamin C and Echinacea (Esp in Preventative stage).
    Plenty of Organic Fruit n Veg. If you can hold anything down.

Ginger, Garlic and Lemon.
    If you can get out of bed now, you are on the road to recovery.
    Don't take Zinc on an empty stomach though-it makes you puke.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

ah, I wasn't aware of that.. just took some for the sore throat I woke up with and didn't have my breakfast yet ... yikes I hope I don't mess up my keyboard!!:eek: (insert that smilie here now) ;)
    [​IMG]

I'm not messing around with the flu this year.... I am getting the vaccine. For those of you afraid of the dreaded needle they now have a nasal spray!
    Flu Time Again, with a Twist: Vaccine by Nasal Spray

Get well soon craig!!

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I suggest stop fooling around with a the new uni girls! :D

They always bring the "lurgie around" :D

6. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

Reishi (ganoderma)

I've been drinking reishi tea for nearly two years now. It will do wonders for the immune system. I haven't had a cold for over a year and the last one I had was very mild, and I've never had the flu (no shot either)

Check out this link...

http://www.chinesenaturalherbs.com/herbsite/Teas2.htm

7. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Scottish herbal cure.
    Crabbie's Green Ginger wine.
    Some people even add whiskey to it but that is not always a good idea. A whiskey hangover can be worse than the flu.
    Get well soon.