Flexiblility In Groin

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by venom10463, Oct 22, 2012.

1. venom10463

venom10463 New Member

Hello,
    About two years ago, I got back into conditioning my body. One thing I have struggled with is gaining flexibility in my groin. For example, I have trouble doing kicks that require me to open my leg wide enough to do properly. I know the movements on how to do a round kick, but when I do it my knee points down. I’m fairly flexible in my hamstring and can almost do a front split; however, it seems my groin stays the same.

Fyi, I have Thomas Kurz’s stretching scientifically and have read the beginner’s guide to flexibility.

2. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Follow Kurz program...
    I have the same issue and I kept at it six days a week every morning and got from a 90 degree angle between my legs to full side splits in a month.
    Remember to do both the dynamic and then static stretching.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

One month, really.

Maybe you could share your programme for others to follow.

I understand you followed Kurz programme, but everyone adapts a programme to suit themselves.

4. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

Maybe you could try doing a few different stretches for the groin so you can hit the muscle at different angles.
    And like those above me said, just stick to the program in the book. You will get the results.

5. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I just followed exactly the dynamic then isometric stretches from the DVD 6 days a week every morning before breakfast.