Flexible Footwear for Every Occasion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KrazyKaiju, Jun 24, 2011.

1. KrazyKaiju

KrazyKaiju New Member

Hi Martial Arts Planet,

I'm looking for comfortable pairs of shoes for exercise, everyday wear, and office wear. They must meet the following criteria:

1. Have a thin, flexible sole.
    2. Be somewhat durable in bad weather.
    3. Everyday wear and office wear shoes must look somewhat presentable.

I'd like to build up the muscles around my feet and ankles and correct my posture and alignment. At the same time, I'd like to wear shoes that are appropriate for the occasion.

I now have the following shoes (go to the link below):

http://www.martialartsequipmentdire...&v_traceback=c0603_1405_f0622_0102&Click=2726

Anyone who has these shoes knows that they have a thin, flexible sole, but they wear out easily. Also, they do not hold up well in bad weather. I've stopped wearing them for this reason, but I'd still like to wear similar shoes that meet my criteria (see above). Toe shoes would be good for exercise, for instance, but they would be terrible for everyday wear. I wouldn't wear them on a first date, let alone when I'm out with friends. And of course, it's probably even harder to find a pair of such shoes that are acceptable-looking in an office setting.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks in advance,
    KrazyKaiju

2. righty

righty Valued Member

How thin is thin? And what do you need to do in them?

You aren't going to find something that covers all three of those. The best you are going to go is find something that is appropriate for office and everyday wear but not exercise other than walking.

3. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

why wear the same pair of shoes for everything?

ps - your shoes are going to stink. Get some odor eaters.

4. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I would suggest that you look at the nike freerunner shoes.. I have been using them for training and every day use since they came out on the market in 2005.. They were made for the same feeling as running barefooted.. The soles are real flexible and the styles come in different colors.. I've been using them since 2005 and have no problems with them what so ever..

5. KrazyKaiju

KrazyKaiju New Member

Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind. Sorry; I should've made that more clear. I DON'T want to get only one pair of shoes. Yeah, the exercise pair is going to stink after a few workouts, and it's probably unlikely that the shoes that are appropriate for everyday wear will also be appropriate for the office. Hence, I've accepted the fact that I'll probably need to get multiple pairs of shoes - probably three pairs.

6. daggers

daggers Valued Member

7. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I used to wear feiyue shoes, they were comfortable and flexible, but I wore holes in them after a year or so of every day use. But then they're training shoes primarily (suitable for parkour, too.) Think they go foer about £15, and you can get boot variations that go higher up the ankle for £25.

For what it's worth it sounds like it'll be impossible to find shoes you can train in AND wear to the office.. and if you do find a pair of such shoes, if you wear them that often for everything they'll wear out very quickly. My suggestion would be to get something like the feiyue shoes for training/everyday, and get yourself some office shoes for the office. Your employer will likely appreciate it.