Five Ancestors Fist - Wuzuquan

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by android, Jan 27, 2020.

1. android

android Valued Member

Hi there

wow - have not been on this site in ages...

Does anyone have any experience in training Five Ancestors Fist Wuzuquan style?
    Recently came across a local guy who teaches this near me, just wondered what a typical class might involve

www.hulutang.org

Thanks
    Andy

axelb likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Hi Andy,

I practised a style which included Wuzuquan for 8 years (black belt).
    I haven't been training at a class of that style for over 10 years, so I'm out of touch with who's who, but I am not familiar with this teacher, although this school is just around the corner from me.
    I don't see anything about his lineage or how long he trained in this particular style.

Based on the site and my experience - I would anticipate that the class structure would consist of warm up, form/set practise, and static drills.
    It looks like they are involved in forms with weapons, and lion dance.

If that's the sort of thing you're after then you can go an have a look :)

If you have any other criteria of what to you expect from a class/club, then I can help you find other stuff in this region - I've trained at a handful of schools in this region.

3. android

android Valued Member

Hi there

Sounds like we are both local to the area...

This is pretty much what I have been able to find out,
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................

Shifu master Sun Miao Xiao, who leads the Hulutang school, said: "I've been practising for 30 years.

"I learned my skills from a master in the Fujian Province, and I've been running clubs for a few years.

"The branch in Earley is quite new, it's been going for around six months.

"We practice the Five Ancestors Fist Kung Fu style."

i believe he is a disciple of this guy https://www.martialarts.co.uk/shaolin-fists-and-wuzuquan-kun

there's a class tonight in Earley, I hate being the new face, but intend to go along

Andy

axelb likes this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I am not familiar with the Fujian Province schools, his credentials seem vague, no real indication of who his teacher was, and "practising for 30 years" doesn't necessarily mean in Wuzuquan. (I've been practising for 34 years, but that is across various styles and intesities)

Regardless of this, it is always worth going along and showing your face, I expect they would be receptive as with most schools I have been to in this region.

Is there a particular reason you want to train in WuZuQuan? or are there any other criteria in what you want to train in?
    Whenever looking for somewhere to train I planned to go to 3 or more different places to get a comparison of what things are like (partly why I've trained at/visited so many places here).
    I know of 2 other active schools that train with the same style of kung fu, and one other that I think has gone now (can't find the details anymore).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    ned likes this.
  5. ned

ned Valued Member

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Can't find any lineage info (probably means they've fallen out with their teacher), but from some of their Facebook videos they seem to be doing legit Wuzuquan