Fitbit

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ero-Sennin, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone have any experience with these guys? http://www.fitbit.com/

They're a new health/fitness wristband that's been trending pretty hard lately. I tried to get the Fitbit Force a few weeks ago but they ended up recalling the item due to skin irritation issues. They sent me a 20% discount link on 1 item and the wife and I downgraded to the Fitbit Flex. The only difference is a lack of "stairs climbed" count (neither of us have the opportunity to use stairs) and no display screen. They since wirelessly with an app on your phone though so it's not a huge deal.

Basically it's a fancy pedometer and is in the price range of the higher end pedometers, but less bulky and made specifically for daily activity measurements as well as monitoring your sleep activity. I originally got it for my wife as a surprise (spoiled because I needed to make a decision with the discount that expired within 30 days) and one for myself because my pedometer is getting all janky.

So does anyone have experience with the device? Anything you like/dislike about it? Any info. is appreciated. If nobody does I guess I'll have the honor of writing a review on it for the benefit of MAPs population in a month or two. :p

2. Hive

Hive Valued Member

I was just about to get one myself but then the Samsung Gear Fit was revealed so I'm waiting on reviews for that first. It's basically the same thing but acts as a watch too.