fit in four

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jordan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

How can I look defined agian in 4 months? I was on meds that took me from 145 to 185 LB in two months! Needless to say I got fat and now I'm 175 and very fit in the sence I can fight for a long ass time In training and all out sparring/ grappling. But I still have a little belly left and my pex need some work. So is this possible and if so how? :confused:

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

400m intervals are supposedly very good for fat loss. But I don't know if your too heavy, for the health of your knees.

3. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Sort out your diet first, cut out sugary rubbish, sweets, chippies etc and then get yourself a nice balanced diet with about 200 or so calories less than you need to maintian your weight.

In terms of exercise sprints are good for burning fat as well as long distance. If you get into the habit of sprinting once a week (100 - 200m) and then running 1mile twice a week you can happiy drop weight. Just keep trying to speed up the 1 mile.

40Lb in 4 months isn't a hard trial.

4. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

1.EDT or GVT
    2. HIIT
    3. Modified warrior diet

5. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

thanks for all your input ! :Angel:

6. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

well I've managed to lose 15 pounds in 1 week, Maybe this is possible!
    I've went from 175 to 159.5. I run 4 hours a day and do leg lifts and push ups on this type of plank with handles, it seems to work! :D

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mate, that is NOT healthy! :(

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

you RUN STEADY for 4 HOURS? a DAY?

:eek:

9. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

I run one hour at a time 4 times a day.

10. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

why isn't this healthy I eat alot and besides joe riggs lost 20 pounds in 2 days for a fight before? :confused:

11. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

wow, amte.. you have time on your hands
    that is too much running i think.....
    eventually, this will take it's toll on your body (joints muscles)
    your body needs time to repair after excercise.....
    1 hour of aerobic excercise once a day is healthy (even thats too much for many when it's running outdoors at your weight)
    2 hours is athlete training levels... 4.. is counter productive
    i recommend backing that off or you'll injure yourself and not be able to train at all
    good luck.. and keep up the good work
    however
    i reccomend you mediate your desires with a pinch of sanity
    :)

12. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

cool I'll take the running down and hour or two.
    thanks for the input! :D

13. CosmicFish

Because the majority of the weight you will have lost will very likely be water and muscle. And just because some other guy lost even more weight in less time, doesn't mean that what you're doing is healthy. Any kind of rapid weight loss usually ends up with a rebound where the body puts the weight back on again (and sometimes more) shortly afterwards. For weightloss, slow and steady is the safest and most permanent approach.

I commend your dedication, seriously I do. But please consider tempering it with a touch of sanity.

14. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

thanks for commending me, it really is encouraging. But I have not only lost weight but I have gotten more muscular in my arms and my chest. and my abs are really coming out into a tone shape. it is really cool, and yes I'm only running 2 hours now. and I lost 3 more pounds. :D

15. CosmicFish

Fair play to you mate. Just be careful is all I'm saying. :)

16. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

If you are doing intevals, even if it is short, you will raise your metabolism by 50% for the rest of the day which is what you want. Traditional cardio only slows your metabolism down and is only good when you are doing it but doesn't have any after effect.