First stripe on white belt, chuffed!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by SteveP, Dec 18, 2015.

1. SteveP

SteveP Valued Member

Thanks, Mitch, those are really kind words.

2. Ulsteryank

Ulsteryank Valued Member

Yea that's a unique feeling. Congrats, and keep it up!

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Since I'm having my own problems with people too, I add myself into the line of people to congratulate you, because I know it's hard! :)

It really is just a good feeling, once you realize you can go to the gym and suddenly don't feel too scared anymore, isn't it?

Glad you made it there!

And I'd like to add something one of my teacher said to me a few weeks ago, since my teachers know of my problems (and they're seem to be similar to yours): "It's really admirable that you keep coming regularly week after week, even though you know of the stress it's put you in and the fears you have to stand up against to."

So I repeat his words and "hand them over" to you as well!
    Awesome job you did there! :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  4. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Congrats and remember you earned it.

5. SteveP

SteveP Valued Member

Thank you.

6. SteveP

SteveP Valued Member

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update it in case anyone else struggles with this and reads it.

I did stop training for a while and ended up regretting it so I started back again and committed to regular training ever since. In October last year (2019) I received my blue belt and looking back over this thread I still can't quite believe it. It's been a long journey since getting that first stripe on my white belt and those first class anxieties but it's all been so worth it.

So if you are thinking of starting something and are struggling with nerves or anxieties, then just try to get through that door and do the first class. I can promise you that although there will still be hard days, it does get easier and it will eventually become the norm and it will help you in the long run. I still get days where I don't want to go to class but I have enough good memories to relate to now that get me there and I never regret going.

hewho, Dan93, axelb and 4 others like this.