First National Test for NKMAA in the UK

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by KIWEST, Oct 2, 2013.

1. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Before I get accused of trolling, I have posted a similar thread on the Kuk Sool Forum as our association certifies both Kuk Sool and Hapkido. Therefore I felt it may be of interest to both sets of MAPpers.
    Many, many congratulations to everyone who took part in the first UK national test with GM Timmerman.
    It took place in Morecambe, Lancashire and although not high in number, we had students from around the UK and the test panel included not only KJN Rob Poll and myself, but our own Grandmaster Rudy Timmerman who made the trip from Sault Ste Marie Canada, KJN De Graaf (7th dahn HKD) from Holland, CKJN Tomas Gordon 7th dahn, from Florida.
    It was a real traditional 9 hour test, starting on the beach for two hours, then returning to the dojahng for the remaining 7 hours of testing.
    Students were testing for ranks up to 4th dahn in KSHKD and performed well.
    The sucessful candidates were presented with their awards at a special evening dinner.
    The following day around 45 students from around the UK enjoyed a seminar from GM Timmerman and the visiting senior masters, which included kicking drills and "ugly stick" techniques. During the following wek, GM Timmerman (Sajanim) attended every class held at our dojahng and shared his art with us, free of charge. Thank you sir and congratulations to everyone who took part.
    Looking forward to the next such event.

Attached Files:

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

isnt kuk school ken hom?