First Fight Woes

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by sean, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sean

sean THOR!

Might have a fight coming up in Bournemouth soon, first time fighting in a big arena so got the nerves.

How long had you been training for before your first fight?

Where abouts was your first official ring fight?

Thanks!

2. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

I trained for about a year and couple of months before my first fight. I live in Essex and had to go to Birmingham for my first fight. It was quite a big place but once in the ring you don't notice the crowd as you should be focused on the fight and nothing else.

But remember relax and don't worry it won't be as bad as you think, but if you work have the next day off work as you will be sore.

3. elnan

elnan Valued Member

Who won?

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Sean, have you been in any street/school fights?
    If you have, well, pro fights are never as bad. If you can make it through a real fight you'l be fine in the ring...win or lose.
    Don't be put off if you don't win, everyone loses some time and if it's your first fight then fair enough.
    Just enjoy the momment, respect the opponent and black out the crowd once the bell goes ;)

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I trained for about 4 months before my first fight, which probably was a little too early to get in the ring anyway. I live on Ft. Hood and had to go to Temple for my first fight, abut 40 mins away. expect to be very sore reguardless of win or lose. but don't get too intimidated, have fun, enjoy yourself, and feed off the adrenaline.

6. sean

sean THOR!

Yeh, im looking forward to the challenge, just going to think of it as a hard sparring session.

The fights in 1 months time so we`ll see what happens.

7. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

my first fight was as an amature at the age of 9 0r 10 (cant remember).
    only about 2 month training but thats how it is as a kid...gotta fit it in between football and baseball season

big head gear, big gloves ....both of us...and most kids fight the way we trained...until someone gets drilled and then we just flailed away. though i was the second coming of suger ray

but when i see the old tapes now its just plain funny.