first competition :o

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by JoãoLohanTao, Mar 29, 2011.

1. JoãoLohanTao

JoãoLohanTao Valued Member

so on 14 may will be my first compete on my first championship , i will compete in Light contact with low kick and Hard Forms ...
    what i reall want is the sparring competition the forms my sensei told me to try it so oqay .. :confused:
    do someone have any advice ? i have an heavy bag , i am very dedicated to the sport i want to do a proper preparation before the national championship ... :)
    Advices for the sparring ?
    advices for the forms ?

I want to now what i can do to present the thing in a good way

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You'll learn more on the day than you will in a year of training. It'll add perspective to your training. Just enjoy it

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Try to stay relaxed and enjoy the feeling. The rush you'll feel isn't fear its addrenaline.

Personally I like to write out a training program to follow leading up to the date.

4. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

Best of luck to you!

5. PlatinumPi4u

PlatinumPi4u Valued Member

Sweep the leg.... just kidding!

I suggest you back knuckle body punch or back knuckle sweep & body punch AS SOON AS the ref says fight, right off the line, to gain you a point in less then 1/2 a second...

6. krow

krow New Member

Forms - make your movements strong, crisp and with confidence.
    Sparring - start now with sparring anyone and everyone to get used to different attacks. work on your speed.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Don't get upset if you get your a$$ handed to you. It happens. Try to have fun and learn from it.

8. JoãoLohanTao

oqay , it was a mess, i am very frustrated and a bit depressed after this tournament :

firts forms , i have trained a lot, then im in front of the judges start the form and on the final part i mess everything up i was just sad

sparring light contact - worst fights of my life , it looked like my legs had 150 kg , they were very heavy , i have done mistakes that i used to do when i started training , my boxing was a mess too , guard down very slow, i don't understand how could this happen usually on training e doo a pretty decent sparring , i boxe , i kick , e block things , then when i get there it wasn't nothing like that :s
    i have won the first fight and on the second one i have been disqualified , i want to train even harder now , i have already buyed a heavy bag to work on my combos , speed , accuracy , i want to get better , i want to be a great fighter

final resume: i am a bit desapointed with myself and even worst i feel i have desapointed my sifu , after everything he teached me , i feel that he deserved a better performance :s

thank you for the replys and sorry getting things off my chest like that :S

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Told you so! Don't worry it was your first. You know what it's all about now. More you work, easier it gets when it counts.
    Aside from the obvious, did you enjoy it?

10. Osu,

That's great! What did you learn? :)
    Congrats for stepping on the mats.

Osu!

11. JoãoLohanTao

besides that , i love to be in that environment , it was so cool , large number of people who love the same thing as i do , i enjoyed it very much it was really fun , i hope to stepp into the mats a lot of times now , i really liked it :)
    besides my prestation it was a very good experience

12. liero

liero Valued Member

theres a quote I have up on my wall, it was said in an interview by Jon Jones (UFC Champ) about what motivates him.

"No matter what I can be better tomorrow"

Focus on what you got out of it. You went out and had a crack. Tournament setting is very different to the training hall. Stick it out and it will be easier next time.

Make sure you ask your instructor for feedback regardless of how you feel about your performance.