"Finish him" - stay safe kids

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Krazy5051, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Greetings,

After an incident last night, I looked back on the times when I've had to protect myself in a fight situation by one or multiple attackers.

I have recently just noticed how much I have developed my MA techniques over the years of practice from what I would have done in the past to what I would do now. It is always a learning curve and it doesn't stop.

In the past, fighting on the street with random no gooders or with drunks I have noticed is usually just a rabble of flying punches and kicks between them. In the past I've done this to, everything happens so fast and you find it hard to keep control so you just fly punches and kicks as well.

So I came out of the bar last night, I was on the H20 as I had training today and these two guys must have been under the impression I was under the influence (i didn't think I walked or talked that bad!) so they approach me and verbally insult me telling me they are going to kill me.

I thought back to my training on multiple attackers and looked between the both of them as they closed in, keeping control and focus on who would make a move first. However, instead of everything moving so fast it was in slow motion. The first idiot sways his body and makes a move with a punch, I grab his wrist, twist it and knee him in the chest, he falls and I put my knee over his shoulder... I dislocate his arm and now he is looking at the ground. He turns around slowly to look at me and I elbow him on the bridge of his nose - out cold. I look at his friend and he runs away (thankfully). The bouncers from a local bar come running over - oh so late as they do - to inspect the remains and the guy was taken away in an ambulance - i stayed to see if he was ok. I actually looked at him and felt sorry for a split second - or maybe it was realisation of my own abilitys,appreciation and thankfulness.

Obviously the main objective is to end a fight quickly as possible with the least amount of moves necessary to restrain or stop an attacker.

Many years ago I would have been the person who would lose control and just throw meaningless punches and kicks in hope of hitting a good one at some point that would make him stop. To see me now puting an attacker down permanently in a few seconds with a lethal move, I am proud of how far i have came in my mission to be able to take care of myself respectively and effectively.

The attackers easily could have had concealed weapons or there could have been more willing to show me a lesson or two. I'm lucky it turned out the way it did.

Bottom line - restrain him and deliver that mortal kombat killer blow to him to finish him off.

Stay in your dojo kids, keep focused and train hard and I hope if a time comes when your in danger it won't be a super fast forward situation, it will be a super slow motion matrix experience for you.

I'm away to bandage my nose as I walked into a door a few minutes ago and it's looking rather out of place. The joy of simple injury.

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

2. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Sorry I'm not sure I've understood you entirely correctly...
    Are you saying we should kill an assailant if ever we happen to be unfortunate enough to get into that sort of situation?

3. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Train hard physically, train hard mentally. Both come hand in hand. Most importantly, do what is necessary.

Yes kill the assailants. Why not?

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

note: I am moving your post over to the Self Defense forum

... and then RUN !!!!

5. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Why run if there is no danger?

Yours in martial arts,

Kid

6. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Thinking logically I'd probably just choose run in case the opponents had some sort of firearm. If it came down to it I'm not sure I'd use a lethal technique just in case...

Sorry, I'm not putting your actions down. I respect you for defending yourself. Many would say killing an attacker is a touch extreme so I was just surprised to see someone actively suggesting it.

7. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Wow, so if I train really hard I will be able to fight like they do in the Matrix or maybe even Spiderman!

I didn't know it was standard policy to allow a mans attacker to travel with him in the ambulance, how nice. Odd too how no-one was interested in talking to you about assault ... Guess they must have sensed your power.

Wow again! What a super guy you even have a moral for the kids!

8. NRees

NRees Taekwon-Do II Degree

If you ask me, this story is bull and we're being wound up. Because no one could wrtie that post in a serious mood.

I aint falling for it.

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

A) He may well have friends around the corner
    B) You will almost certainly find yourself in danger from a big guy named Bubba asking you to pick up the soap if you
    Do what you've got to do to diffuse the situation, but never stick around to sign autographs
    I could say something about how nice it must be to find attackers that stand and watch while you strike his friend three times then run away, but I'm sure someone else will point that out

10. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

this is a wind up,no one would condone killing anyone.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... I like to give most members the benefit of my doubt, but the mentioning of the Matrix got me also.

You are lucky it turned out the way it did (and that you were 'sober') ... but you cannot generalize these incidents .... it is best to not place yourself in these situations and if you are then be aware and 'get in' and 'get out' as quickly as possible ... like in Spiderman! ;)

12. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

If thats what you desire...

I wasn't in the ambulance. He left in the ambulance and I stayed until the ambulance had arrived. No-one was interested in talking to me because I wasn't anywhere to be seen. As for sensing my power? Maybe it was their spidey-senses they had acquired from training so much.

I wouldn't think twice about kicking a kid into the next city.

As for the legitimacy of my post, I didn't ask for verification. I'm not going to discuss condoning of killing.

How about you all go gang up and bully some other person, because this one doesn't appreciate bullys... and doesn't appreciate your "constructive" input.

Move along.

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

13. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Hmmnn. I'd agree with the majority of the points raised. Train hard, both physically and mentally, and if you do come to blows finish the fight as soon as possible.

Sticking around is a judgement call, in most cases I would agree that not being around would be preferable, just in case. That said you can moralise as much as you wish about staying to either speak to the police or render first aid.

Kid, you make a statement like "Yes kill the assailants. Why not?" a bold statement to make without any apparent reasoning. You then say you do not wish to discuss the condoning of killing, which is indeed odd when you asked "Why not?" earlier. Could you explain your reasoning further please?

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Why kill them if there's no danger?

15. EarthElement

EarthElement New Member

HAHA is it just me or does something not fit: A)In your story B)In your mentality. As for "A," i dont understand why the attackers friend would stand there and watch you beat up the other guy, when you said your knee was on his shoulder, this tells me you were on the ground as well. I dont know what kind of friend whould stand there and watch his friend get his arm dislocated. Any normal person would have kicked you off him faster than you can "what??!!" unless he was amazed by your blinding reflexes then you must tell us where you train if you could aquire such speed, cause id love to train there. As for "B" I don't know where you live, but if you "finish" your attacker in the US your gunna get ur behind thrown in prison and slapped with thousands of dollars in medical bills by the time you blink. And if you kill him, guess what, your gunna wish YOU were dead. prison is not a friendly place even to the most skilled MAists in the US. Comparing a game to real life tells me you have no knowledge of what being a skilled martial artist is REALLY about. This was descussed in another form in the karate section: 11 Year Old Black Belt. Assuming you are a black belt with such abilities, Didn't your sensei ever teach you 1 of the most important rules of MA? "Effectivness in combat is not measured by how much damage you can do to your opponent, it is measured by how little damage you can do, while still emerging victorious." In others words if you had to "finish" the guy, you missed what being a ture martial artist is all about. It is not a bloodsport, it is the act of being "better" than your opponent. Not only better in combat, but better mentally. Thats VERY important in the US. Maybe it's not where you live, but all i can say is that i don't know a sensei who would call you a true martial artist.

16. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

killing him is too much. my feelings are that you should do the bare minimum it takes to make sure the opponent is no longer a threat to you. against one person, it shouldn't take too much and you shouldn't normally have to break anything on them. multiple attackers, you may not have time to worry about bare minimum and in those situations i would completely understand breaking arms and legs.

17. Rojininstructor

Rojininstructor New Member

Because people tend to take killing pretty seriously, for some reason. You want to end the fight, not start a war. He's not just a target, hes a human being regardless of how worthless they are to you. im sure you just mean "in general" cause that spat didnt sound like something to kill over. Dont take offense, just seems a little over the top.

18. Eddy67

Eddy67 New Member

So lets see...the other guy just stood there while his friend got his ass beat for a few seconds?

Why use excessive force? Why risk being put in jail? There's no purpose in killing him. All it does it serve your bloodlust.

Why would I not kill the assailant?

1. Thou shall not kill.
    2. I don't want to be a murderer, even if I was attacked first. If I killed a man out of cold blood like that I could never forgive myself

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  19. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Greetings,

Thanks for everyones feedback.

In that particular situation, I didn't need to kill him. It would have been extreme and unjust. However, if the situation was different and he had pulled a gun or a knife out I wouldn't have thought twice about twisting that weapon on himself and killing him. Kill or be killed as I see it.

To make sure you are perfectly safe. Rather do to much than to little.

As for sensei calling me a true martial artist... thats a whole different story.

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

20. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

this is a wind up,no one would condone killing anyone.
    What? I condone killing.

The drunk idiot chose to attack him, krazy was being nice by only dislocating his arm, and letting him live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.